Captain
# 11
12-06-2012, 10:56 PM
The best thing they could do would be drop the requirements to 100. I assume after the Winter event ends, they will change the requirements to something more available. Magic ball is saying dilithium. So if you get 75% of the project done, then 50,000 dilithium would be needed to finish it off. This is under the assumption that the project is worth 200,000 dilithium like all other limited projects.
Career Officer
# 12
12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
See there was another thread and merged it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=66

Hope that answers the question.

Additionally, the Collectible items themselves will not vanish at the end of the Event. It's likely you'll still be able to find them on the Exchange and such. Only the method of obtaining new ones will go away when the Event ends.
Sure these items able to be put on the Exchange? I just did a search and didn't find any (surely someone would've put them on the exchange by now). And I used the items themselves, so I wouldn't have a typo problem.

Second, (providing these items are on the exchange), surely people would be price gouging to the point of madness, knowing fleets will be needing these to complete projects.

So why not have the Latinum Counter allow you to purchase the missing items after the Event is over?
Empire Veteran
# 13
12-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
See there was another thread and merged it.

Sure these items able to be put on the Exchange? I just did a search and didn't find any (surely someone would've put them on the exchange by now). And I used the items themselves, so I wouldn't have a typo problem.
I found many on the exchange, BUT, they are NOT cheap - the sleigh bells are currentyl going for 380K each, for one. They are there, but because the event just started, people are buying them off the exchange very fast.

Wait for the event to get rolling mid december, hopefully prices will decline as peopel acquire more of these Holidays trinkets.

What gets me though, is why make those boxes that are purchased from teh ferengi "BOUND." There is no logical reason for doing so. Un-bind them and allow it for players to sell on the exchange.

Quote:
Second, (providing these items are on the exchange), surely people would be price gouging to the point of madness, knowing fleets will be needing these to complete projects.
It is already happening, thats why CRYPTIC need to at least increase trinket drop rates "OR" make other means to acquire more. Un-Bind the Trinket Boxes

Quote:
So why not have the Latinum Counter allow you to purchase the missing items after the Event is over?
hopefully they will implement this after the event is done and over with.
Rihannsu
# 14
12-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
hopefully they will implement this after the event is done and over with.
Chances are its going strait to the Lobi Store, not the Latinum Store.
Ensign
# 15
01-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Has anyone seen any update on info about this? I've seen they added the ability to trade in holiday items for gpl, but I have yet to see anything about the problem of being able to finish the event. Lobi crystals and the exchange are the only way to get the items needed at this point and that's not going to be possible for a lot to complete. I saw something about the 31st being the last day for holiday items, but that's also the last day for the new event, that doesn't seem right.
Ensign
# 16 dumping winter event
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Yes, I want to see the promised "in-game solution" for losing the winter project and asap, as my fleet is nowhere near finishing it but we very much DO want our Ferasans!

Last edited by finnwolfe; 01-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Captain
# 17
01-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Maybe the devs consider the exchange and lobi store as viable methods to get the winter commodities.
Ensign
# 18
01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Maybe the devs consider the exchange and lobi store as viable methods to get the winter commodities.
No offense, but with the price-gouging on the exchange and the cost to get lobi crystals, along with the high project requirements, I don't consider either one a viable medium for attempting to complete the winter project.

Besides which, what the dev said was we would "not be stuck with the project":

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=66
Ensign
# 19
01-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Better start saving your ECs to buy christmas junk! The bad news is that its actually more expensive during and after boxing day! LOL. Otherwise it looks like we are stuck with it until next year. At least there are plenty for sale on the exchange!
Lieutenant
# 20
01-21-2013, 02:38 AM
seriously, what did you do during the event?

There was plenty of time during the event to get 250 of each.

I helped with my FED fleet and we had it pretty quick with only 3-5 guys.

Plus I filled the project on the KDF side MYSELF, without help from anybody and without buying them from the exchange.

All it took was to start some of these winter doff missions each day and hope for a critical.

I feel everybody who started this project and didn't fill it deserves to be punished

If you had been smart you would have started an external collection, like I did for the KDF fleet.
I only started the project AFTER I got 250 of everything on my bank.
I know it takes some projectmanaging if multiple persons are saving up, but its do-able, for example put everything on the fleetbank first. Those commodities didnt gave much fleetcredits and crybabies hadn't much to cry about if they couldnt put it in themselfes.

Last edited by titus1608; 01-21-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Closed Thread