Lieutenant
# 1 Snowballs
12-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey Devs, I would like to first of all thank you for making such a good winter event this year. Much, MUCH better than last year's. I just have one request: could you make the snowballs have a lifespan of 30 min instead of ten? This would still prevent using them in two different snowman attacks, but would assure their ability to be used in one.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cubed View Post
Hey Devs, I would like to first of all thank you for making such a good winter event this year. Much, MUCH better than last year's. I just have one request: could you make the snowballs have a lifespan of 30 min instead of ten? This would still prevent using them in two different snowman attacks, but would assure their ability to be used in one.
I have to admit, I have a little evil me when it comes to snowballs. I whack people across the head over at ESD with snowballs - I don't know what it is, but at ESD everyone is my target, muwahahahahaha

I was sad when they nerfed that Breen device, the one you toss and turned everyone into icecubes.

Please CRYPTIC un-nerf it - somethings should remain untouched
Captain
# 3
12-07-2012, 03:39 AM
I agree. Of course, I discard all when I get a stack of 999, but I still have been in the first few seconds of a Snowman attack, and all my snowballs vanish. Now without ammo, I get frozen over and over again before I can restock.

So yes, a longer snowball life is definitely required.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Also fix it, so that the associated power on the tray, doesn't make the icon jump to tray 5, 6, 7 or furrther, making peeps search their ground power trays for the said snowball icon. Since the snow ball fights are the primary source of holiday items for reward stuff, this tray searching bit gets annoying after long enough of it.

Love the new setup too, to be certain.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93314053000&dateline=  1378014577
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2012, 05:09 AM
After the first time my snowballs melted mid-fight, I've taken to tossing out all my snowballs and grabbing a fresh batch two minutes before each battle.
Captain
# 6
12-07-2012, 05:15 AM
I dont know about you guys, but the anti-snowmen weapons have proliferated so much that on a map with 20+ people the Overlord just vaporizes while I'm reloading at a snow pile!

And I think the snow weapons can be fired in a non-hostile map as well. I wonder if someone would chime in on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 7
12-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Yeah, step number one is to get yourself an actual snowball weapon. After that, it all becomes a non issue. I think the cost is 8x each common collectible, 5x each for Bajoran beads and Andorian sleighbells. After that, you can fight swarms of those suckers no sweat. Makes acquisition of further collectibles much easier.

Snowballs are fun to throw at each other though
Captain
# 8
12-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I dont know about you guys, but the anti-snowmen weapons have proliferated so much that on a map with 20+ people the Overlord just vaporizes while I'm reloading at a snow pile!

And I think the snow weapons can be fired in a non-hostile map as well. I wonder if someone would chime in on it.
I had a snowball fight with my awesome snowball arsenal. Throwing a snowball is so 20th Century when you can use a snowball rocket launcher or snowball machine gun.

This was against another player not any snowmen in case I wasn't clear.

Last edited by starkaos; 12-07-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Captain
# 9
12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know if half-melted snowballs do more damage than fresh ones ?

I remember getting hit with those IRL 'slushballs', and BOY do they hurt !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Ensign
I am new to this STO world.... loving it! I am sorry for the dumb question, but I can't seem to throw snowballs?!!! i can collect them but don't know how to throw them! I have hit every button on the keyboard and nothing works..... I had a snowball gun at one time but it has disappeared. What am i missing? any help would be appreciated. I have tried to search the internet for the question but think I am the only one that does not know how to throw a snowball because I can't even find the answer....lol sigh.