Ensign
# 11
09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Could not possibly agree more. I bought my first carrier less than an hour ago and already distraught over the lack of UI. Makes it horrid to control.

For the sake of the community, if you agree with this, please post so that this can get some attention and a fix.
Commander
# 12
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Try Options > HUD, scroll down to 'Your Officers.' There are tabs there listed as 'Your Mine and Fighter Names,' Your Mine and Fighter Life,' and 'Your Mine and Fighter Reticles.' Try ticking them from 'Targeted' to 'Always,' and see if that works for you. I don't have a carrier currently, or I'd try it myself. If it does, you won't get a neat UI, but you'll at least get a visual life bar and be able to pick them out on the screen.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
09-13-2012, 12:21 AM
That works, but as soon as the pets get out of visual range, you are out of luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 14
09-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I love the colored dot idea. Simple. Effective.
Career Officer
# 15 Set Focus
10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
As an Odyssey/Bortasq' owner, I've taken to using the "Set Focus" function to pin my pet's status to my UI. This only works for a single pet, but works well for my purposes.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Ensign
# 16
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
a pet/fighter status window is in need.
Captain
# 17
12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I use the video options to have my pets show names.

This is useful except when:

Set to "fire on my target", they all cluster up and 3 names are in "perfect overlap".
They fly out of my cone of vision, I frequently have them blasting generators while I'm watching the gateway for probes.
They scatter all over creation in intercept mode against 2 flight deck carriers in a Gorn fleet action

Dots, numbers, something would greatly help me know the status of my squadrons. I can't think of a single modern carrier that isn't getting updates of it's fighters and know what they are doing/up to...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Ensign
# 18
12-09-2012, 12:13 PM
do it, give the interface the love it deserves !
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmith View Post
Thats all I want! Just some dots for pete sake!. make the dots cycle from green to red as they get closer to death. Have the red ones de-cycle when you press the launch key, replacing them with fresh fighters.

like this
(OOOOOO)

press launch again and you get this:

(OOOOOO)
This would be perfect.
Ensign
# 20
12-13-2012, 11:20 AM
During 5 man missions its kinda hard keeping control of how many hangarbay flyers are still alive and where they are.
Except right after a Borg Cube dies, every single Bird of Prey will be one shot of the explosion.