Lieutenant
# 41 Fastest Game on Ice
12-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Completing = winning. You need to beat the NPC, but you can try again until you beat it. Once you get the hang of the track, you'll end up beating the NPC each time by a longshot (tip: jump or roll to stop yourself from sliding). The PvP race has separate rewards for placing and participating.

Well I guess this is another thing I will not be getting . I understand there needs to be complexity since the players are getting a ship, however, O Flakey One, you were unclear about the actual rules and that the mobs the players are running against do not side or slip or have any issues on the ice.

To most people completing is just that completing something whether you win or not.

Way to go to hold a carrot just out of reach of your players.

I knew there was going to be something that ruins this Christmas for me, happens every year, this time you Cryptic are the Grinch that ruined it.

Thanks a bunch.
Career Officer
# 42
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyllis View Post
Well I guess this is another thing I will not be getting . I understand there needs to be complexity since the players are getting a ship, however, O Flakey One, you were unclear about the actual rules and that the mobs the players are running against do not side or slip or have any issues on the ice.

To most people completing is just that completing something whether you win or not.

I knew there was going to be something that ruins this Christmas for me, happens every year, this time you Cryptic are the Grinch that ruined it.

Thanks a bunch.
Do you have a disability or injury to your hands that prevents you from manipulating the controls of the game?

Because if not, you're severely overestimating the difficulty of the NPC you race against. I can almost guarantee that within five runs, you'll know the track and tricks well enough to never lose to the NPC again.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
the race ain't hard,you must be doing something wrong.
9 toons here ,straight in and all 9 won.
Not sayin i'm the best thing since beer was invented but it was so easy,in some places i could even take my time and walk.
Captain
# 44
12-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyllis View Post

Thanks a bunch.
Uh... yeah. I'm terrible at this kind of stuff, and after a few runs even clumsy old me was able to get the hang of it. While the mobs do not slip, they do follow the same path every time, so as long as you find the short cuts, yes, you can beat them by a long shot. And like Brandon said, the "Slip" mechanic is quite easily fooled. My recommendation is too fool around a bit, throw snowballs at people, scope out the track, and just get used to sliding.

If I can beat it. YOU CAN.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 45
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Well, if today is any indication, I think I am just going to skip the whole thing. I am terrible at the racing and doubt I will be able to get the breen ship on even one of my characters, let alone all of them.

Can't figure out the snowman fight either. Was fighting snowman just fine, but after the timer ended, nothing. Granted I didn't get many kills (about 40 or so, not the 100), so probably not going to get anything out of this. Probably best for me to just give up now and except it, then try to work through it and just be disappointed.
Rihannsu
# 46
12-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I am terrible at the racing and doubt I will be able to get the breen ship on even one of my characters, let alone all of them.
I am not exactly happy about how they kinda forget to mention you actually have to win the race.

This is the catch showing right at the Lobi and our Credit Card.

Quote:
Can't figure out the snowman fight either. Was fighting snowman just fine, but after the timer ended, nothing. Granted I didn't get many kills (about 40 or so, not the 100), so probably not going to get anything out of this.
Well I guess you were in a low population one, the kills are per instance (not character) and after 100 the Snowman Boss shows up and you only get a reward WHEN he is defeated, that means if you dont even get him showing you because of the timer ... you get nothing, if you get him to show up but since there are just 4 people the timer runs out, you also get nothing.

Seems to be a theme here... "getting nothing" ... oh? Did I mention you can buy boxes of commodities with Lobi? also seems to be a theme ...

My advice on the Snowman Invasion, jump to a instance with a high population, like 20+ players because if its under 10 ... the timer is going to run out and you get nothing.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 12-06-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 47
12-07-2012, 06:06 AM
So when do we get a Snowman STF?
----
Captain
# 48
12-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
This is the catch showing right at the Lobi and our Credit Card.
Credit card?
Oh you mean like the last year when it was the same "win the race" but with a bit of forum trolling about how unfair is to get free stuffs or how unfair is to do something .I can understand lazy people in everyday life but how lazy some person has to be to bich about a 2 minute mission in game ?

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-07-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Captain
# 49
12-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
So when do we get a Snowman STF?
I case you missed it, the snowmen ARE borg. Watch the minions regenerate the boss on the lake- pretty creepy.

LOL at the snowmen bat'leths tho.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 50
12-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I love the improved Winter Wonderland - the races, the snowball fights, the event and
the new goodies one can buy But I especially like skating around and doing tricks on
the lake with my Frosted Boots!

I too despaired about the race at first, I'm hopeless at these kinds of things..
Turned out it's actually very easy if you just roll just before a turn,
as it will stop you from sliding off the track
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
Closed Thread