Ensign
# 91
12-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
It's interesting. There always has to be someone who wants to attack here on the forums. It's actually kind of entertaining seeing as I'm not attacking anyone except Broken for deliberately doing it and dragging it out for a very excessive period of time now. You make it sound like Nova Core has single handedly ruined pvp. Please. You want to slam S.O.B.? You want to slam Nova Core? I'm here saying we are putting our best foot forward and here you are wallowing in whats happened in the past. You want to bring up TSI too maybe? How about we go back to them for using what was broken 3 seasons ago.

Its obvious you think you are special. You must be the only person in game who didn't use Faw, or viral subnucleonic beam, or brace for impact doffs. Your animosity is directed to me. I don't spam consoles. I don't have trics. And the players who actually know me know my words to be true. But I don't have to prove anything to you. If you could read you would know what the point of this thread was. I will continue to answer questions in this thread and become more active on these forums again. And I will post productive responses while at the same time continuing to deflect unproductive replies like the one you've happily submitted here.
I have absolutely no idea where you got all that from. Where did I even talk about the past or YOU?
I never said you destroyed anything. I'm saying, if you want to use all that sh?t, don't cry about the rude words or behaviour people treat you with. I'm not exclusively adressing you or your fleet but everyone who thinks it's okay to bring whatever the game offers.
So don't come in here and say: "We will not put restrictions on our guild members. They can use whatever they want but please treat them well and offer them candy."
That sh?t doesn't work. Nobody will be nice to you when you knowingly take the fun out of the Arena for everybody else.

(I haven't really played the game since F2P but I even refused to play with my guild, if they wanted to bring Scramble when it was broken and yes I only used Faw with 25 Weapon Energy setting to clear mine spam. I've never played dirty. I didn't even support my PUGs, if they were abusing any broken mechanic. Maybe that makes me special but I only did it because winning with all that crap doesn't mean anything to me. If you feel fine by using it, so be it but don't complain.)
Career Officer
# 92
12-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
@virus You should watch it, it's pretty much lindsay lohan before the fall. time to predict the weather
@snog reminds me of a thought I once had, "PVP Tournament: Tuffi Freighters only" I would LOVE to see that
@tripwire aye aye capn, I'll be on vaca for about a week but will try when I get back.
@rachel ty, we needs to hang out at some point then
Sounds good my @handle is my forum name too.

@RachelJ88
Lt. Commander
# 93 Then I'm sorry
12-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
That's not the same broken, dude. The one who made the video is another guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk
Well thank you for linking the video. That is in fact the video I was talking about and I now see that Broken1981 is not the Broken responsible in this video. So for the accusation I made before I apologize to Broken1981. It still however does not change the fact that he has been overly malicious towards me personally. Which is why I made mention of him in my post. I am still willing to have a conversation with Broken1981 as long as it is an intelligent and constructive one. But if he'd rather just sling mud....well then. There is nothing wrong with Dual Heavy diplomacy.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 94 You implied...
12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphezir1pw0 View Post
I have absolutely no idea where you got all that from. Where did I even talk about the past or YOU?
I never said you destroyed anything. I'm saying, if you want to use all that sh?t, don't cry about the rude words or behaviour people treat you with. I'm not exclusively adressing you or your fleet but everyone who thinks it's okay to bring whatever the game offers.
So don't come in here and say: "We will not put restrictions on our guild members. They can use whatever they want but please treat them well and offer them candy."
That sh?t doesn't work. Nobody will be nice to you when you knowingly take the fun out of the Arena for everybody else.

(I haven't really played the game since F2P but I even refused to play with my guild, if they wanted to bring Scramble when it was broken and yes I only used Faw with 25 Weapon Energy setting to clear mine spam. I've never played dirty. I didn't even support my PUGs, if they were abusing any broken mechanic. Maybe that makes me special but I only did it because winning with all that crap doesn't mean anything to me. If you feel fine by using it, so be it but don't complain.)
If your intention was to address anyone then you might want to mention "the community" or "anyone" in your replies. I never said anything about NOT putting restrictions on anything. I said we cannot force our members to adhere to rules that do not in fact exist in the game relative to entering the PUBLIC queue. There IS a very big difference. Your use of faw while it was broken at 25 weapons power doesn't mean you still in fact didn't use something that was not working as intended at the time. 25 weapons power or 125 it still hit 100% of the time.

I'm also not begging for everyone to treat us like we are royalty either. What I'm saying is that I am an acting admiral RIGHT NOW for this fleet and I will take what steps are necessary to promote a healthy and clean as possible pvp in both the public queue, the private queue kerrat, and tournaments. I will seek discussion with other fleet admirals and fight to work out an agreements towards productive pvp play inspired by the Horizon Accord. I will do my utmost to create an atmsophere of fair and fun pvp play for both my fleet and the players opposite us in the queue. And I will be as productive and constructive as possible while doing it.

By the way I never asked for any candy. But some coffee might be nice.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Ensign
# 95
12-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
Your use of faw while it was broken at 25 weapons power doesn't mean you still in fact didn't use something that was not working as intended at the time. 25 weapons power or 125 it still hit 100% of the time.
I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not.
I'm out.
Lt. Commander
# 96 True....
12-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not.
I'm out.
You are correct. And the bottom line is it was on your ship. How badly you abused it is irrelevant. You used a skill that was not working as intended at the time. What power level you used it at is irrelevant. And some consoles are worse than others. But all consoles give some form of an advantage during combat. There are some we hate more than others but they have all been created equally in the fact that they give an advantage.

The ones that are extremely excessive hurt pvp right now more than the ones that are not so excessive. And Nova Core will be speaking with admirals from other fleets today at 2pm to discuss ways in which we can work together to alleviate some of the stress being felt right now by the community as a whole.

Captain
# 97
12-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not..
And who, exactly, draws the line here? Oh, it's okay because *I* did it, but it's not okay when you do it.

that doesn't fly. By all means feel free to console yourself that *your* abuse of a broken or OP power or combo was justified while everyone else's was horrible abuse, but don't expect anyone to actually believe you on that point.

To be entirely honest your whole little spiel here comes off more as "I'm going to make PVP worse for everyone in the name of 'balance' and just go afk the moment anyone on my team does anything I consider broken'.

That's ridiculous behaviour, it contributes nothing of value to the game and quite frankly if you're doing it in PUGs as you suggest, you're probably convincing half again as many newbies that most pvpers are worthless. One can only hope that the rest of your team wasn't as useless.

Just in general, the whole "It's okay when I do ____, it's not okay when you do _____ because [literally any justification ever]" thing... is pretty ridiculous when you sit down and actually look at it. It's not easy to see either, unless you're looking for it- but we all do it to one degree or another. But what matters whether or not we let that colour our PVPing, or how it affects our interactions with the community.

If we're polite and reasonable, then we can generally expect others to be polite and reasonable in return. If we're frothing at the mouth about how it's only wrong when *you* do _____, but when I do _____ it's fine because [literally any justification ever]", then... well here we are right now.

So when you feel the urge to chastise someone for being an 'OP abuser', strip away all your justifications and look at the argument itself.

And leave the strawmans at home, okay?
Commander
# 98
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Nova Core=Now Skill Spamming bitches with a bug up there ass. they get all butt hurt and cry like children when people call them out. Nova as a whole need to pull there head out of there ass first off and realize it a game, and sh#t talking will occur. If you don't like it, man up and ignore it.

For you Nova beautches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIV...e=results_main

Now take of the panties and put your big boy pants on and Harden the F@ck up because all with all this sh#t talking you still know are no match for Risa Squadron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xvkAPXB9c

/end thread
Survivor of Romulus
# 99 Good Post
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I could not agree more. I am a member of Risa Squadron and I am constantly in game with S.O.B, TSI, LAG INDUSTRIES, etc. All are great players and a good challenge I find nothing wrong with either of them. As for pay to win, I think that the time ship is the best example of this. way too OPed. Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.
Brandon Lovett@Cpt.Lovett
Captain
# 100
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishman90 View Post
\Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.
Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

Honestly, though, what I've gleaned from the thread is this: tripwire, representing Nova Core, states that the fleet's policy is a hands-off one, where they do not enforce any regulations on fleet members. He/she wants to clean up the image of the fleet. What he/she is in fact doing is divorcing the image of the fleet from the actions of its members. That can't be done. Either a)Nova Core will have to establish a policy, or b)Fleet members will continue to do what they want, and this will in turn reflect on the fleet itself.

Others say that they have a history of running exploits. Some claim that Nova Core players have been rude to them.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.

Quote:
Nova Core=Now Skill Spamming bitches with a bug up there ass. they get all butt hurt and cry like children when people call them out. Nova as a whole need to pull there head out of there ass first off and realize it a game, and sh#t talking will occur. If you don't like it, man up and ignore it.

Now take of the panties and put your big boy pants on and Harden the F@ck up because all with all this sh#t talking you still know are no match for Risa Squadron.
Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

To tripwire: What you're trying to do is a laudable effort. Yes, any effort to promote a clean PvP arena is good. However, in my opinion, the control of certain levels of P2W is an integral part of making PvP better and cleaner. Therefore, it is necessary for any PvP fleet which intends to have a clean image to at least have some form of policy discouraging the use of anything that is broken. While the community may not be able to achieve consensus on this, the fleet should at least make an effort to control P2W use among its members, or it will be seen as being hypocritical.

If I have misunderstood anything or made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. Please, no insults or trashtalk, though. I've heard it all already, and it isn't going to help me correct any misunderstanding I may have.

Last edited by scurry5; 12-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.