Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,224
# 101
12-07-2012, 09:53 AM
The timecrap causes me to desync.

Sometimes abilities grey.
Cursor doubles.
Keybinds may or may not trigger abilities that are not greyed.
Manual shield redistribution...as if.

Sometimes I can pop open the skill tab, click a few skills, and then move the slider up/down a bunch - fixes the cursor, ability triggers, and manual shield - but the greyed's require a relog.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 102 Laudable....
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

Honestly, though, what I've gleaned from the thread is this: tripwire, representing Nova Core, states that the fleet's policy is a hands-off one, where they do not enforce any regulations on fleet members. He/she wants to clean up the image of the fleet. What he/she is in fact doing is divorcing the image of the fleet from the actions of its members. That can't be done. Either a)Nova Core will have to establish a policy, or b)Fleet members will continue to do what they want, and this will in turn reflect on the fleet itself.

Others say that they have a history of running exploits. Some claim that Nova Core players have been rude to them.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.



Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

To tripwire: What you're trying to do is a laudable effort. Yes, any effort to promote a clean PvP arena is good. However, in my opinion, the control of certain levels of P2W is an integral part of making PvP better and cleaner. Therefore, it is necessary for any PvP fleet which intends to have a clean image to at least have some form of policy discouraging the use of anything that is broken. While the community may not be able to achieve consensus on this, the fleet should at least make an effort to control P2W use among its members, or it will be seen as being hypocritical.

If I have misunderstood anything or made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. Please, no insults or trashtalk, though. I've heard it all already, and it isn't going to help me correct any misunderstanding I may have.

Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games. At no point have I said that Nova Core would not. Again, we cannot force our members to do anything. If there is anyone who cannot understand that then it will simply have to be layed to rest as a personal problem.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 12-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
# 103
12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks all for the laughs, you made the last half hour of work fly by
STO
Lifetime Member Since Jul-2010
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 728
# 104
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Can't please everyone not enough cake. What a p2w is for one person an auto macro is to another. que sera sera :p
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 105
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.
Mines and some other stuff still affect time-zoned ships

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 106
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
You've also made it personal with your ridiculous youtube video. "Is a Tuffli Freighter better than Nova Core".
LMAO!!!!!! dude again your on some good crack. dont you know dope is bad for you? i never made a vid but that title is lulz. its actually true tho. but ty for that info im going to google it. as i keep saying i knew you from the days when u and ur m8 would roll up with target engines 3 and tractors. i never said anything about you. i have never metioned your name either. and if your not the trip im thinking of then i could care even less about you at this point.

but for the real question, is a tuffi freighter better then nova core? i believe so.


LMAO!!!!!!! brokenmirror. dude im not zryo. but ty for calling out the wrong person. dont you feel dumb..........



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk thats the link. notice who made it. im broken1981, thats zryo moron

Last edited by broken1981; 12-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 107 You're sad.
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
LMAO!!!!!! dude again your on some good crack. dont you know dope is bad for you? i never made a vid but that title is lulz. its actually true tho. but ty for that info im going to google it. as i keep saying i knew you from the days when u and ur m8 would roll up with target engines 3 and tractors. i never said anything about you. i have never metioned your name either. and if your not the trip im thinking of then i could care even less about you at this point.

but for the real question, is a tuffi freighter better then nova core? i believe so.


LMAO!!!!!!! brokenmirror. dude im not zryo. but ty for calling out the wrong person. dont you feel dumb..........



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk thats the link. notice who made it. im broken1981, thats zryo moron
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
Well thank you for linking the video. That is in fact the video I was talking about and I now see that Broken1981 is not the Broken responsible in this video. So for the accusation I made before I apologize to Broken1981. It still however does not change the fact that he has been overly malicious towards me personally. Which is why I made mention of him in my post. I am still willing to have a conversation with Broken1981 as long as it is an intelligent and constructive one. But if he'd rather just sling mud....well then. There is nothing wrong with Dual Heavy diplomacy.
Just to put my statement in the proper context and to display to anyone still reading this thread how malicious you actually are and how unconstructive you continue to be. Notice there is an apology directed to you in my reply. It's called humility. Men usually develop it after their balls drop, they muscle up a moustache... oh.... and grow up.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 108
12-07-2012, 05:47 PM
hf with your whole poor me post ohh poor nub core. when u guys roll up in ques get ur skill consoles out because u will need them. as you had read my post i did extend an invite to my ts. you still want to be the uber moron that you are and try to make people feel sorry for you. not ganna happen. but ty for that vid, i need to remember to thank zryo for that vid. its truly lulz.

it sure as hell made my day. since your a troll and i fed you enough ill let you go on ur way.

Last edited by broken1981; 12-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,306
# 109
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games. At no point have I said that Nova Core would not. Again, we cannot force our members to do anything. If there is anyone who cannot understand that then it will simply have to be layed to rest as a personal problem.
Is that so? Perhaps I misunderstood. You see, I believe that this statement that you cannot do anything to force your members to comply will appear rather lazy, if not hypocritical. While it is a fact, it may be better to emphasise that the fleet will at least encourage its members to avoid the use of certain types of P2W. While Nova Core does appear to have a previously tarnished reputation, I'm willing to wait on the results, and I look forward to seeing anyone in the queues (despite my level of competency, which is abysmal).

A suggestion, anyway: Have a certain group or cadre within your fleet which agrees to minimise the use of P2W and yet be seen as capable by the rest of the PvP community. This small group will serve as a sort of 'proving ground' for strategies or builds which do not rely on P2W, and serve as examples to follow. However, any criticism must be taken seriously. In other words, while you cannot enforce your stand over the entire fleet, I believe that at least some of your members would agree to such a position, and if I may say so, "put their money where their mouth is". This, I believe, would serve as some proof that Nova Core is serious about making PvP better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 110
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Is that so? Perhaps I misunderstood. You see, I believe that this statement that you cannot do anything to force your members to comply will appear rather lazy, if not hypocritical. While it is a fact, it may be better to emphasise that the fleet will at least encourage its members to avoid the use of certain types of P2W. While Nova Core does appear to have a previously tarnished reputation, I'm willing to wait on the results, and I look forward to seeing anyone in the queues (despite my level of competency, which is abysmal).

A suggestion, anyway: Have a certain group or cadre within your fleet which agrees to minimise the use of P2W and yet be seen as capable by the rest of the PvP community. This small group will serve as a sort of 'proving ground' for strategies or builds which do not rely on P2W, and serve as examples to follow. However, any criticism must be taken seriously. In other words, while you cannot enforce your stand over the entire fleet, I believe that at least some of your members would agree to such a position, and if I may say so, "put their money where their mouth is". This, I believe, would serve as some proof that Nova Core is serious about making PvP better.
Indeed. You are misunderstood. The argument is that Nova Core should prove we are serious about cleaning up the community. But that is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is that there is not a community of guild leaders who are serious about keeping in contact with each other like TSI has been in the past. Popping over to each others teamspeak and discussing what is acceptable and what is not and forming a pact by which they are bound to uphold the prime directive of the group. There is more than one fleet in this game at fault for the current situation we are in. So it isn't poor Nova Core. But Nova Core also isn't the source of gamewide grief plauging the queue. I have stated we will create an atmosphere of fair play to promote a healthy public queue. If you think that Nova Core should be the only one picking up the trash then you obviously don't understand the true scope of what sickens the queues. Thank you for everyone's responses constructive or otherwise. All feedback is appreciated. Be Well.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:51 AM.