Career Officer
# 61
12-07-2012, 03:24 PM
The new outfits and accessories look really nice, the brown winter long coat in particular. It would go perfect with a Malcolm Reynolds named toon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
12-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Finally I can clear out all these pending winter event accolades from last year. ^^ Thanks.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Rihannsu
# 63
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
Nice post - well said!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow View Post
The new outfits and accessories look really nice, the brown winter long coat in particular. It would go perfect with a Malcolm Reynolds named toon.
OOOooooOOOOoooh. A Captain Tight Pants-look, eh? Good idea.

As much as I love the fashion, I have to admit I'm slightly annoyed at having to buy separate colors and styles for each toon; moreso that I can't control the colors myself. Would have preferred there just be three jacket styles (long, short, cropped) that could be made any color I wanted in the way that regular clothes can be modified (I would love a red and white, all blue, or all yellow jacket, for example).

Likewise on the new 2012 scarf. I wish it wasn't color locked in bright-blue.

C'est la vie. Not really complaining, as it's not that big of a deal... But the locked clothing colors are my least favorite thing about the new Winter Wonderland. Just sayin'

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 64
12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
this is a great event with some great prizes, my only niggle would be with the jackets - its a pity you cant put them on and take the off at will, it would have been great if they fitted in your kit slot then you could have worn them whenever you felt like it, as they are i am reluctant to get one as i dont realy want to permenantly cover one of my uniform tops and would not want to goto the trouble of going to a taylor every time i wanted to wear them or take them off.
Rihannsu
# 65
12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Oh you mean like the last year when it was the same "win the race" but with a bit of forum trolling about how unfair is to get free stuffs or how unfair is to do something.
If I recall last year was pre-F2P so at that time there was no "free stuff" as you guys were paying a subscription.

The point is not as much as the "free stuff" but the shortcut that I will go on about next

Quote:
I can understand lazy people in everyday life but how lazy some person has to be to bich about a 2 minute mission in game ?
Maybe you should read.

Quote:
Captains who participate in the "Fastest Game on Ice" event 25 times during the 35+ days of the Winter Event will skate their way to a FREE Breen Chel Grett Warship.
Now do I need to remind the difference of participation and winning? even if its 2 minutes its something you still have to win, unlike the other race were you get something as long you participate.

In this case you have to win and dont you go start with being "lazy", I played many games and one thing I dislike is when people call others names because simply put, they are asked to accomplish a task using a different gameplay mechanic.

I, as a example, simply cannot do QTEs very well and some years back it seems we could not pick any new release without a QTE being thrown in, there is a jRPG that I simply could not complete because at the end of a disk it had a QTE, I actually CHECKED and its the only time in the entire game that a QTE is ever used.

Yes, some people will simply fail at racing ... just like people failed at SW:KOTOR turret minigame, the are not all THE GAMEMASTER that excel at everything and somethings are beyond our abilities, matter of fact.

That brings me the shortcut.

You know, if Zen was used I would not really complain as much even if its "Pay Not To Grind" since at least its a simple transaction were I pay, say 100 Zen and I get, say 100 Winter Commodities but its Lobi, something that not only is a product of gambling but its also gambling so is it a "Ffee Breen Chel Grett Warship" when you payed for every single Picture by the double gambling that is Lobi?

I am snarky because simply put, you can grind for the Chel Grett Warship but you can also BUY IT downright.
Captain
# 66
12-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Everything should be donated to the player when it logs in .All missions should be removed because it can annoy someone.If possible someone from cryptic should donate money to lazy people to play/wait in the game or when get rewards (we all know is not cool to get rewards and get no paycheck for accepting rewards).

*facepalm*

now no wonder they give no s*** about what is said on the forums.Who'd give when most people write some things that are outside of any logic .
Captain
# 67
12-08-2012, 06:58 AM
I think people are missing the debate between winning/participating.

As someone who was on the other end, I am going to give my perspective. While I wasn't complaining about the Fastest race on ice, I was shall we say disappointed.

It isn't about spending 2 minutes in game for 25 days to earn the "Big Prize". I knew going in I would have to work for it, and I had no problem doing it. The "problem", if you want to call it that, was I didn't realize that earning the big prize meant I would need a skill set I potentially lacked.

And there you have it, by making it "Win" instead of "participate" some people aren't going to get the big prize as they lack the skill needed. Which from my perspective was disheartening.

Now I will say, it doesn't end my enjoyment of the event. It is great fun, especially now that I have my snow gun. Nothing beats taking out an army of snowmen with a snowball launcher.

I think people need to relax on both sides. While I want Cryptic to know their work is appreciated, people need to understand that comments/feedback can be helpful to Cryptic as well.

I am not talking about the "I can't get blah, blah, blah. Cryptic is Terrible" comments. But real feedback on something like this, negative or postive, is helpful for Cryptic to look at what worked, what didn't, and even if not changing things around for this time, Hopefully make the even even better for next year.
Career Officer
# 68
12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
It's too bad so many people complain about the event.[/color][/b] Yes, there is some difficulty, but with some effort/practice, it really is doable. This is supposed to be a game, it's supposed require some investment on the player's part to accomplish the act of "winning" and thereby being awarded a prize.

Personally, I'm very happy with the way Cryptic has set up this year's Event. For one thing there really is more of an Event feel to it. I think because there is more than just the single daily race. There are multiple things to do, more than just a the solo race. There's the group race that can be done 4 (?) times an hour as often as you want, there's the awesome snowman fight twice an hour, there's snowpile farming if you want some mind numbing button pressing, there's exploration (accolades), RP fun, ice skating (the new animations are sweet!), creature transformation, snowballing, DOff missions, etc. Not to mention the look of the Wonderland, truely is wonderful!

And if you want to. Purely optionally, you can spend dilithium ("time currency") or real life money, and buy Cryptic products which give you an advance of goodies. You do not have to. Sure, people will spend money (I've already seen a few Breen ships in play!), and I'm certain they're happy to receive it, but Cryptic is a business. It's ok! Let the game make some money. For those who say they pressure you - Think about this - They also make it easier to not spend money - by unlocking the Holiday Collectibles, the Wonderland zone chat is full of buy/sell/trade offers - You can get anything you want for free (some effort, notwithstanding)!

This 1000 % YOU DID GOOD CRYPTIC !

THANK YOU

Criticize when it's DESERVED, THEY don't deserve it NOW, with this event.

This year you can get all the holiday goodies for FREE for a little bit of effort and time , or if you want to speed things up, spend some cash, but it's NOT necessary.

We wanted more to do in the winter event, WE'VE GOT LOTS of fun things to do this year.

The map is beautiful, like a virtual Christmas card. I only wish that we could have a night map too, all lit up holiday like, maybe next year

This is a HUGE improvement over the past years and it shows that they are REALLY listening !
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Captain
# 69
12-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't know whether this is a bug but the fastest game of life seems to be unusual I played yesterday as my Fed and KDF toon and both times during the race my baby girl started crying so went AFK while in the race. When I came back I continued thinking I failed the race and will need to start again.However when I got to the finish I was told I won. I thought Q had things to race against. Is this a bug or is the race challenge insanely easy if you stay on the ice
Ensign
# 70
12-10-2012, 12:08 PM
i have been having fun so far,lots of things to do
Closed Thread