Captain
# 11
12-07-2012, 03:56 PM
The accord system is at best a pipe dream. All it is doing is masking the true inadequacies of this game. Rather than come up with accords, as a community, influence the devs to take positive actions for PVP related changes. Use the PVP Training club as a basis to influence positive change.

Create an environment whereby the devs feel safe to log on to vent / TS and discuss in a civilised manner what changes can make the biggest difference in a positive manner.

I admit I sometimes was counter productive, but I always want the best for the game even though I have gone AWOL.

Only takes 1 to ruin it and a major forum battle will occur. Not worth the battle
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 12-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Captain
# 12
12-07-2012, 04:11 PM
first off, naz is a myth.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
The accord system is at best a pipe dream. All it is doing is masking the true inadequacies of this game. Rather than come up with accords, as a community, influence the devs to take positive actions for PVP related changes. Use the PVP Training club as a basis to influence positive change.

Create an environment whereby the devs feel safe to log on to vent / TS and discuss in a civilised manner what changes can make the biggest difference in a positive manner.

I admit I sometimes was counter productive, but I always want the best for the game even though I have gone AWOL.

Only takes 1 to ruin it and a major forum battle will occur. Not worth the battle
Like I said, it's a stretch, and I know it. Cryptic really has left us with little hope though. Pipe dreams are about all we have left.

As far as devs go for pvp, we have had devs in the past and the last one WAS on TS. How much change did we see? Now we have bort who started out strong, but season 7's Been out for awhile now, and besides him encouraging us to enjoy voldy, what has changed lately? I seem to remember him agreeing with me that every ability should have a counter, so they were going to get a counter worked out for the temporal set time freeze. Whats the progress on that? Wasn't the excuse of how busy they were to release s7 thrown around a lot a month ago? So what are they working on now exactly?

I guess I'd like to think that we as a community can stretch ourselves to create the type of environment we'd like to see. I hate just throwing our hands up and saying "nothing we can do". An outsider looking in on an idea such as this would probably say, "it's a bunch of gamers, what do you expect?" I know this community though, and I DO expect more from this community than most other games because of how unique this community is compared to most games. To say we don't have the ability as a group to make a change means our voices mean nothing. I refuse to believe that. Of course cryptic can do a better job, but so can we.

/Disclaimer

Sorry for the rant. This was all brought on by horizons post. My first reaction was "this has never worked before, why would it work now?" Then I got kinda pissed off and thought "why the hell should we need an accord anyway. If cryptic would just do their jobs...". It then turned into "we'll there obviously not going to do their jobs, and why the hell couldn't we make things nicer for ourselves? This community has some great kinds in it. Some truly brilliant people. If this community couldn't pull it off, could any in the gaming industry do it? Is this a stereotype that fits this industry?"

/end disclaimer
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Like I said, it's a stretch, and I know it. Cryptic really has left us with little hope though. Pipe dreams are about all we have left.

As far as devs go for pvp, we have had devs in the past and the last one WAS on TS. How much change did we see? Now we have bort who started out strong, but season 7's Been out for awhile now, and besides him encouraging us to enjoy voldy, what has changed lately? I seem to remember him agreeing with me that every ability should have a counter, so they were going to get a counter worked out for the temporal set time freeze. Whats the progress on that? Wasn't the excuse of how busy they were to release s7 thrown around a lot a month ago? So what are they working on now exactly?

I guess I'd like to think that we as a community can stretch ourselves to create the type of environment we'd like to see. I hate just throwing our hands up and saying "nothing we can do". An outsider looking in on an idea such as this would probably say, "it's a bunch of gamers, what do you expect?" I know this community though, and I DO expect more from this community than most other games because of how unique this community is compared to most games. To say we don't have the ability as a group to make a change means our voices mean nothing. I refuse to believe that. Of course cryptic can do a better job, but so can we.

/Disclaimer

Sorry for the rant. This was all brought on by horizons post. My first reaction was "this has never worked before, why would it work now?" Then I got kinda pissed off and thought "why the hell should we need an accord anyway. If cryptic would just do their jobs...". It then turned into "we'll there obviously not going to do their jobs, and why the hell couldn't we make things nicer for ourselves? This community has some great kinds in it. Some truly brilliant people. If this community couldn't pull it off, could any in the gaming industry do it? Is this a stereotype that fits this industry?"

/end disclaimer

ECM online tonight??

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
ECM online tonight??
Yes sir. I said **** it and only worked nine hours today. Omw home as I type this and plan to pew pew for a few hours
Captain
# 16
12-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
first off, naz is a myth.
This myth you refer to will always lurk in the shadows until the time comes when the rest of us shall resurrect ourselves
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
This myth you refer to will always lurk in the shadows until the time comes when the rest of us shall resurrect ourselves
With the Azn grind now firmly in place that time will never come my friend
Career Officer
# 18
12-08-2012, 08:58 AM
What is this, the third governing / community council for PVP this week?

When do we allmeet up to take the ring to Mordor? I hear that's going to be a problem at some point...
Captain
# 19
12-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

When do we allmeet up to take the ring to Mordor? I hear that's going to be a problem at some point...
Hehe, fantastic.
Captain
# 20
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

one does not simple ride a giant eagle into mordor....

that would make for a very short movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?