Career Officer
# 111
12-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Scurry made an interesting suggestion actually... regarding a definite known premade from NC. Mostly we have pve'rs some pvper's some 'premades' but not like the premades composed of folks not necessarily on ts or in a team build, at least not like from back in the day. Methinks that would clarify a lot of misconceptions and kick folks off high horses. I might actually have to start updating my healer mr trip

ps are auto macros actually considered legal? someone tried explaining them to me but I got easily distracted... that and point and click to activate makes things more intense game wise
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
# 112
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
Indeed. You are misunderstood. The argument is that Nova Core should prove we are serious about cleaning up the community. But that is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is that there is not a community of guild leaders who are serious about keeping in contact with each other like TSI has been in the past. Popping over to each others teamspeak and discussing what is acceptable and what is not and forming a pact by which they are bound to uphold the prime directive of the group. There is more than one fleet in this game at fault for the current situation we are in. So it isn't poor Nova Core. But Nova Core also isn't the source of gamewide grief plauging the queue. I have stated we will create an atmosphere of fair play to promote a healthy public queue. If you think that Nova Core should be the only one picking up the trash then you obviously don't understand the true scope of what sickens the queues. Thank you for everyone's responses constructive or otherwise. All feedback is appreciated. Be Well.
Okay, I see now. What you are in fact advocating is inter-fleet cooperation. Well, I'm all for that one. By no means am I saying that Nova Core should be the only one doing that. I'm just saying that it would be nice if you were to demonstrate your stand in that manner. But never mind that. As I said, I look forward to the fruits of your cooperation with others, and I hope that things will be better - eventually.
Career Officer
# 113
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
So with all that said I would appreciate it if we stop attacking each other. I don't appreciate my fleet being spoken so ill of when I don't speak ill of other fleets. This last comment is specifically directed at BROKEN from Risa Squadron who has no respect for anyone and who seems to find every oppurtunity to put down my players and my fleet. I assure you Broken, NONE of my characters needs a console to rip your best ship in half. I don't like seeing my friends in TSI being bashed on when they have been a pillar of this community since I started playing. We need to all respect each other and the state that this game is currently in. We need to settle on the reality that it is what it is right now and exhibit good sportsmanship and make the best of it until it gets better. And we cannot forget that at the end of the day this is about the pew pew and the fact that it is fun. So pew pew in fun and not in malice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.

Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

yes u can get frozen and tric mines will kill you. they dont get frozen. my fleet mate stuck up for me and returned the favor back to trip for acting like a moron on fourms and calling me out. ive called out people but i always give them the respect of a 1v1 to settle it. i have never metioned trips name as he is still saying i have. its a huge lie. when yoda 47 kepted acting stupid i miss took that guy for the real yoda. i did 1v1 against him even tho i did not agree with his mines. he dont need them, because he can kill me. its over the top i believe. but he has my upmost respect as a fellow pvp'er. i know trip from the past. i thought he was a good team player. not so much in 1v1. but its not a 1v1 game is it?

i did extend an invite to the fleet ts in a pm first then on here. after he found out who zryo was i should have gotten an in game mail. heck yoda got intouch with me when i trolled fourms and we got it settled and i was happy about it. i was more then willing to try to fix this issue. i did not even want to bring up how my fleet mates were trated, tho at some point i gave him a tast of it. but he twisted my words and made it about me. i could care less how i was treated. it was about fleet mates. and this is what gets me, hes more concerned about whats being said about him then his fleet and fleet mates. he does not ask why his fleet has such a crap name. and at this point hes a crap leader himself. when people had to talk to my fleet leader, he dident act the way trip did. my fleet leader got the peoples side of the story and then asked me. did trip do any of this? no he took a post full of frustion and twisted it in his favor. sorry but not fleet leader material to me. and trip, this is not about you. its about your fleet that goes into ques as a premade uses all the p2w crap agaisnt pugs, makes them not want to pvp ever again. futher more they acted as a premade with vold bug in ques against pugs. nice going to your fleet. are you guys on a mission to hurt pvp more? yes ive seen sob do this as well. but when i was in ques with new players ( yes new because engys and tacts did not even use epts and a sci using nothing but tt) guess what? they saw how bad thoes guys were and played clean. they even talked to them in zone chat asking if any of them wanted build help. and this is why i say nova core if the worse fleet in ques as a premade. you guys earned a bad rep. deal with it. dont come and make a post about in fourms. just clean ur damn rep. oh and trip ur a nice lier, u did abuse faw,ss and vm when it was op. dont act like u did not. because i will find your quote and post it.

Last edited by broken1981; 12-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Ensign
# 114
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
And who, exactly, draws the line here?
[some other retarded gibberish]
As I said before: If it were so hard to define the line there wouldn't be a communtiy complaining about only a few fleets.
And I'm not going to make PVP anything. I'm not braindead enough to play STO PVP and crawl through craptics crap anymore.
Career Officer
# 115
12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
I'm also not begging for everyone to treat us like we are royalty either. What I'm saying is that I am an acting admiral RIGHT NOW for this fleet and I will take what steps are necessary to promote a healthy and clean as possible pvp in both the public queue, the private queue kerrat, and tournaments. I will seek discussion with other fleet admirals and fight to work out an agreements towards productive pvp play inspired by the Horizon Accord. I will do my utmost to create an atmsophere of fair and fun pvp play for both my fleet and the players opposite us in the queue. And I will be as productive and constructive as possible while doing it.
You mentioned in a previous post that several non-productive NC members were thrown out of the fleet and as many demoted. Could i ask why? Obviously not naming names but i'd like to hear reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishman90 View Post
I could not agree more. I am a member of Risa Squadron and I am constantly in game with S.O.B, TSI, LAG INDUSTRIES, etc. All are great players and a good challenge I find nothing wrong with either of them. As for pay to win, I think that the time ship is the best example of this. way too OPed. Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.
Guess who's getting a Christmas card :X

Quote:
Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games..
What did you have in mind?
Lt. Commander
# 116
12-08-2012, 11:39 AM
To the "i bought the consoles argument", countries develop WMD's but do they use them in all conflicts? For the most part no. Now, take not i understand that's not a totally accurate analogy. But, it's a good one.

Now if you wan't to let your players fully spec those consoles, then go ahead use those consoles at all times. Because guess what...you see those people running clean builds and not spec'd into cheese are the ones winning and are the ones surviving longer. All those consoles do is add to your frailty of your ship's. For a few seconds of fame.

Last edited by s7ike; 12-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Commander
# 117
12-08-2012, 11:45 AM
This butthurt nova QQ thread is hilarious. You know if one to two people bitched about nova everyone would ignore it, but its not. People from all over the game talk about how awful nova is in skill and spam. There is an over confidence that builds from using so much crap that they mistake it for actually skill, something I and others can fight though if need be. Take off the gear, join Risa and we will gladly teach you how to PvP since you obviously need a few lessons. We offer all, there are no super secret squirrel builds, we will help you out. Heck we even helped nom nom out and he stole several millions of doffs from Risa, but you have him now so good luck with that.

See we in Risa Squadron don't need to use spam to feel good about ourselves, we have real life. Some have wife(s), husbands, kids, jobs, and friends. Everyone is welcome to logon to Teamspeak and just chit chat. Members and friends of Risa are on all the time, and not necessarily in-game. Just there to talk and shoot the breeze. We don't feel it necessary to try and measure our 'epeens' like Nove with a QQ thread. Please try out TS and stay a while.
Captain
# 118
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Broken, Trip,

You need to squash this.

I will be on late tonight and for a good while tomorrow if you need a mediator.

Horizon
Career Officer
# 119
12-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Amen to that! Mean Girls online not ftw polie
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lieutenant
# 120 @ pax
12-09-2012, 01:38 AM
@pax I don't log out or complain about others builds. I just get better. If everyone one was attacking me, I would love it! That's the main difference between us, I don't run from challenges. I embrace them. The feel of having to manually distributing shields. struggling to stay alive. It's awesome!!! Currently the max I can take on is 3 on 1. In a extremely close match. Just thinking about it is getting me excited! So if you think that everyone targeting me is some kind of threat??? Then sure, why not??? lol