Republic Veteran
I bought 500 Zen from PW, within an hour I had multiple Chinese "incursions" for $6.95 against my bank account.

My computer is "clean" as far as spyware/viruses go.

Be advised this is going on, be very careful when buying Zen.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Per your tweets, you purchased Zen through PayPal. You would need to take it up with PayPal as they are the processor. It's possible you're PayPal account was compromised.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 3
12-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I make purchases all the time and have never had an Issue. If you use a Debit or Credit card they should have a secondary security in place and refund you or block it from happening, also pre-paid game cards are also very safe, But if someone has a Key logger installed or knows your Pay pal password you are in trouble, Some of the trojans and backdoor loggers dont even show up on your spyware scan. The most common way to get them is downloading media players to watch videos or accepting content to view videos. Be safe I hope you get your $$$ back
Career Officer
# 4
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Hope you get it back. My only annoyance is the .30 cent international fee I get charged
Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

www.ADFleet.org
Career Officer
# 5 I had the same problem...
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I didn't put 2 and 2 together until i saw this post. Thank god the company i get internet through has a filter because i have been seeing about 30 spam a day. This doesn't mean they can get to my money accounts through paypal does it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
PayPal have recently been making some changes to their systems and added a way for EU buyers to pay instantly online with their bank accounts. Perhaps this is somehow related, this is just speculation though..

Did some reading up on PayPal and added a few links below, hope you get your money back.

Safety with PayPal - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/safety

If you suspect someone has accessed your PayPal account you have to login and report it.
> Someone has accessed my account - https://www.paypal.com/uk/ewf/f=sa_unauth

You could also raise a dispute against the seller, but if I read the Terms and Conditions correctly you are not covered when purchasing virtual goods.
> How to raise a dispute, Resolution Centre - https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...OLogin-outside
Republic Veteran
# 7
12-08-2012, 12:04 AM
I always use Paypal when buying Zen. Have never had an issue with it. Anytime money is processed through it, I get an email and not a single time have i run into this problem. Still, I would contact Paypal. They are usually pretty good about getting you your money back and putting a halt to the situation.
# 8
12-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I always use Paypal when buying Zen. Have never had an issue with it. Anytime money is processed through it, I get an email and not a single time have i run into this problem. Still, I would contact Paypal. They are usually pretty good about getting you your money back and putting a halt to the situation.

This. Never had a problem with PWE but Paypal are very good at fixing rogue payments.