Lieutenant
# 11
12-08-2012, 03:30 AM
I've been itching to get my hands on a new ship, I just don't like the cost PwE placed to get it. They should make it a c-store item
Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
Captain
# 12
12-08-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm getting it for my KDF Eng. Capt. I been looking for a different ship to play around with for him. And this one got my attention. I was saving up for the Guramba Siege Destroyer. The Breen ship will be nice for me to try. Love the Aggressive warship look to it. I think it fits perfect for KDF styling. Just because I getting the Breen ship. I'm still saving up for the Guramba.

Now if I can find a Breen Officer for my crew.
Captain
# 13
12-08-2012, 03:53 AM
It's incredibly easy to get, log on once a day get Q to turn you in to a devidian, and do the race, takes about 15 mins, one free ship at the end of the month.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 14
12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
It's incredibly easy to get, log on once a day get Q to turn you in to a devidian, and do the race, takes about 15 mins, one free ship at the end of the month.
Being turned into a Devidian doesn't help much, if at all. Going into shooter mode and using the mouse to steer, however, did help me over using just the keyboard.
Commander
# 15
12-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy229 View Post
I just don't like the cost PwE placed to get it. They should make it a c-store item
Cost of "bugger all" isn't to your liking? And you want to pay money for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
Now if I can find a Breen Officer for my crew.
The Featured episode re-run is something you might want to look at...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Turning into a Targ or other small 4-legged animal helped a lot for me, along with cutting corners slightly to stop the slide.

Made it easy, actually.

I don't even know if I want this ship. I was "hardcore" Klingon enough to space everyone on my crew who wasn't Klingon and replace them with Klingons...

Including DOFFs....
Commander
# 17
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
As you're about to go into a corner, jump, release the movement keys, and mouse-look yourself into the direction you want to go next. You'll land at a full stop and can start running again.

Do it right and you can pass the race opponent of the person ahead of you, no need for any transforms.
Commander
# 18
12-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
As you're about to go into a corner, jump, release the movement keys, and mouse-look yourself into the direction you want to go next. You'll land at a full stop and can start running again.

Do it right and you can pass the race opponent of the person ahead of you, no need for any transforms.

Last year I almost managed to catch the player infront of person ahead of me. I was using the Sprint/Crouch button combo.

Of course they were both moving at a rather sedate pace, and it was allot more congested then.
Commander
# 19
12-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Alternatively, do Kirk Rolls around sharp corners. Same effect but a bit more ground gained and less complicated.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
It looks like an interesting ship, more maneuverable and more tactical orientated than a Fleet Tor'Kaht, but tankier than things like Raptors and Fleet Scourges.

I want it for at least one of my KDF characters (both Tacs), but I'm not sure if I'd like it better than my Fleet Tor'kaht on my main. I like having different ships on my two characters, so my second would get it if I don't go with it on my main, since I'm not liking the Fleet Scourge I have on that character very much (good ship, but I don't like it.)
Just by comparing the cost of the two ships I've changed my mind. Tor'Kaht is out the airlock and into a blackhole. Breen ship should outgun the Tor'Kaht by lightyears and little it can do about it.

Only department where the Tor'Kaht wins over the Chel is by looks..