Captain
# 11
12-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Confirming that this is the lamest, most useless promo ever. I can imagine a scenario for next month: there'll be a discount on all Zen purchased between 8:45 pm and 8:55 pm CST, available only to players living in Germany.
Career Officer
# 12
12-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Someone should tell these people that the world is BIGGER than the United States, they'd get a lot more profit that way
Haha, we don't want to give anybody a heart attack by bursting their bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Confirming that this is the lamest, most useless promo ever. I can imagine a scenario for next month: there'll be a discount on all Zen purchased between 8:45 pm and 8:55 pm CST, available only to players living in Germany.
This wouldn't surprise me, this and the previous promotion have both been rather rubbish for non US citizens.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenhawk View Post
First off PWE does not sell the cards(Might not be right),Sec off it could be where you live have some kind of law against them(don' about other per payed cards ).

You should tell your BestBuy/GameStop/Wal-Mart or what ever sells this kind of cards to stock up on them.

Don't get piss off with PWE just because you can't buy them where you live.
just coz u can get em and the 15% and coz of that the 15% its unfair 2 the ppl who can't buy em should be make for ALL who play sto...

If u could only get em in the UK there would be kick off's right???
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
You guys don't have game cards in the UK? Heck, I thought prepaid cards were all the rage over there. From what I understand, you can get prepaid cards for everything from cell phones to public toilets in England. Shocking that you can't get prepaid game cards as well.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Captain
# 15
12-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
You guys don't have game cards in the UK? Heck, I thought prepaid cards were all the rage over there. From what I understand, you can get prepaid cards for everything from cell phones to public toilets in England. Shocking that you can't get prepaid game cards as well.
Some prepaid cards exist, for games like LOTRO and SWTOR and WOW, and Facebook gamecards are now doing the rounds as well, but none for PWE products that I've seen, which is a pity, 'cos they might make a lot of profit if they do sell in the UK or other European countries.

I suppose they have to factor in the costs of production and shipping, must be too prohibitive
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 16
12-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
from cell phones in England.
Whatss a cell phone precious
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 17
12-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Whatss a cell phone precious
Mobile phone. Why American's change names ever so slightly is beyond me.
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Mobile phone. Why American's change names ever so slightly is beyond me.
That just rude and uncalled for we call them Hand held phones. =>
Rihannsu
# 19
12-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I bought a card at my local Target, redeemed it online, got bonus points.

Thanks for the promo!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Commander
# 20
12-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Only got "fastcard" in Hawaii... both at Gamestop and Walmart.. guess I lose out this time..
If you read on the back of a lot of prepaid cards (from most any provider, not just PWE), it says "powered by FastCard". UGC cards say "Ultimate Game Card" on the front and are usually red.

Not sure if GameStop carries them, I know CVS does. Walmart usually does but your store may not.

As for "the world is a lot bigger than the United States", I'm sure the folks over at Ultimate Game Card are aware of that, but UGC may not be available in your area. The reason for the promo is that they're paying PWE extra money to cover the cost of the bonus ZEN. (Yes, I'm aware that ZEN has no inherent cash value per se, but do you really think that PWE is gonna just give free ZEN without getting something for it?)

FYI: Just checked the billing options page. UGC is only available in the US and Canada. Same holds true for PWE prepaid cards. PWE doesn't usually have promos for prepaid cards, though--and it's likely for that reason.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 12-08-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Closed Thread