Captain
# 31
11-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
you should be able to play with crappy gear just because that way your skills would be more important than your gear and it would also remove the grind for gear or make it optional.

maybe Im old fashion but I always liked when I was able to get better results with skill than someone who had better gear than me but no skill.Thats more rewarding ....but maybe Im talking about a different game
This is currently the case. Build and player talent is far more important than gear. I'm not really sure what's changed that makes you think otherwise.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
11-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Please

Stop being bad and learn to play the game, and you'll stop getting oneshot by the evil game mechanics that you're too inept to understand how to mitigate. If you want to play an STF, stick to normal, that can easily be done by you without ruining the fun of elites for everyone else.

Play regular STFs, that's what they are there for; or switch to Hello Kitty Adventures, that might be more your pace.
Still posting like you play STF

Another ESTF session and there are more REAL ESTF players who agree with me.
STF is broken
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Career Officer
# 33
11-25-2012, 08:41 PM
problem is people are not motivated to run stf's right because no gear yet

they will get better just do normal for time being
what i am doing
i will not waste time just for marks
Captain
# 34
11-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Another ESTF session and there are more REAL ESTF players who agree with me.
STF is broken
No is not broken.I changed some stuffs I had on my ship and now Im immune to plasma dot

before change 7 plasma dot were deadly for my bug ship (yu cant have non stop HE).Now I can fly like a beetle between borgs and laugh at them....at least they start ts3 iso charges on me

the only thing broken is the reward system....seriuosly no nothing to make me want to play that.I had to pay people in Elite STF channel to play ground stfs with me because no one plays without reawrds
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
A thought...

We have to scale the rewards (e.g. dillithium) according to stf difficulty. Drop rate and mission duration can be an indication for difficulty. Gathering that data should be easy.

My personal list of pug team horror in descending order: Hive ground elite, Cure ground elite, Infected ground elite, Hive space elite, Cure space elite, ..., Infected space elite.