Captain
# 11
12-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I never ad an issue with it, just be within 5KM of your target, from my experience there won't be an issue
Captain
# 12
12-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Compared to Tractor Beam Repulsors, this beam is not a big deal. This ability doesn't throw enemies out 11Km, it merely knocks back 3-5Km. The potential to disable borg tractor beams makes this ability quite invaluable.
Captain
# 13
12-08-2012, 11:50 AM
It's a tool, plain and simple. When used properly, it can be a wonderful tool. When used improperly by mouthbreathers, it can be an annoyance.

Reminds me of KASE, Donatra. Someone uses Repulsors to push her, and her Thalaron Cone, directly into my line of sight, so I was quite literally staring down the barrel of the gun.

That said, I personally have used Repulsors to great effect. Pushing enemies into a Grav Well, or Warp Plasma, or keeping them away from an objective, or even pushing a Dreadnought away from the Transport in No-Win, then dumping Warp Plasma on it myself so the team could heal up the Transport.

It's a tool, and it's all in how you use it.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Captain
# 14
12-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I wish they would just replace the 3 piece set abilities on STF sets with passive bonuses, I much rather have those then an ability that is only sometimes useful wtih a long cooldown.
Career Officer
# 15
12-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Devs, I'm hoping you can remove the Knockback Effect from the MACO Beam.

Everytime someone uses it, it antagonizes the group, because it pushes the target out of their firing range or AoE. So perhaps replace it with a more approriate Anti-Borg ability?
Got a better idea - ramp up the penalty for firing the damned thing, that way it's only real use is as a cherry tapping finisher against boss mobs. That's all I use it for. Kinda like a free beam overload without wasting a boff skill slot.