Lt. Commander
# 61 December 6 launcher update
12-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi all.

Sorry for the delay but work has been really hectic lately and I haven't been able to patch until now.

To all those who tried to use the Nov 30 patch, it won't work as the latest patch is the Dec 6 version. I'll upload them as soon as my game finished patching.

@Branflakes Hi! Thanks for uploading the file. You are my favorite mod in all my online games as you are very supportive of the fans and players of this game and you take the time to actually tell us about what's being done to help fix our problems.

Hopefully PWE will add a permanent link on thier website and Star Trek Online page that lets players download the most current launcher.

I too am mystified as to what is causing the launcher bug. I've had it hit me a couple of times so i always make a backup of the current launcher as soon as finish patching. Both times nothing actually changed on the computer, unless it's Microsoft's Vista updates that is causing the problems.

Still it is wierd.

@Branflakes, if PWE makes a link to the latest launcher you have my permission to lock this thread as it would be redundant at that point. Thanks

I'll post when i finish the update and upload to the latest launchers.
Lt. Commander
# 62 Dec 6 launcher now available
12-08-2012, 06:11 AM
The Media fire Dec 6 launchers are now available.

The Upurload files are also available.

Last edited by ga1en; 12-08-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Ensign
# 63
12-08-2012, 09:08 AM
none of the new launchers are working for me. I have tried some of the other fixes I have found for this but none of them work for me as well.
Ensign
# 64
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for this. It got me to where I can patch the XP machine, rather than being stuck on being unable to get the launcher to update and timing out.
Ensign
# 65
12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
If you do download the files, please post to say if it worked or not. I'd like to know.
It work's. Thank you so much
Ensign
# 66
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
This is really getting annoying, I've tried everything that I have found for other people that has worked, but nothing for me. I'm really getting sick of trying to play this game and not being able to log on every other time I launch the stupid thing. They really need to get this fixed!
Ensign
# 67
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I feel ya maxwellwynter. Nothing is working for me at this time as well. I'm about to the point to go back to playing Allods.

I just put some money into this game to get my hands on a Vesta 3 pack to have a nice ship and now it's looking to be nothing but a wast of money. I'm thinking everything will be back to normal AFTER this winter event is over. Don't want to many people getting there hands on any 'free' ship after all.
Ensign
# 68
12-09-2012, 12:55 AM
It's hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn't. When I do get in-game, I'm COMPLETELY lagged to the point I can't do ANYTHING.
Ensign
# 69
12-09-2012, 03:13 AM
this is not working for days tried everything there is no fix the launcher dont work new or old

its time for sto to fix this problem asap or people are going to leave

if they don't fix this in 48 hours and do compensation will face book pwe and sto as worst mmo in history for poor customer server

and as i said before if you paid life time membership for this mmo they will close and run away like they did in swg star wars galaxies they took lost people money then closed all servers

world know fact

time to go back to eve

and so people know its no the people computer the problem its sto and pwe bad launcher and bad last update
Commander
# 70
12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip61 View Post
this is not working for days tried everything there is no fix the launcher dont work new or old

its time for sto to fix this problem asap or people are going to leave

if they don't fix this in 48 hours and do compensation will face book pwe and sto as worst mmo in history for poor customer server

and as i said before if you paid life time membership for this mmo they will close and run away like they did in swg star wars galaxies they took lost people money then closed all servers

world know fact

time to go back to eve

and so people know its no the people computer the problem its sto and pwe bad launcher and bad last update
Wow...and a one post wonder knows so much about computer programming that he can ascertain that it's not a person's computer configuration.

Translation of the above post: "I'm going to make bad press for PWE because even though they've come up with a solution that works for some, they didn't make MY PERSONAL COPY of STO work so I'm going to crap all over their game!!"

Learn about how computers work before posting such threats and drivel, eh? What works for one setup may not work for another, that's why tech support and engineering takes information for those that aren't working, tries to find a common denominator, then works on a fix for those still having the issue.

If you're still having the issue after the fix, send in a ticket to tech support with your dxdiag and hijackthis logs--pretty much like TS asks everyone else to do. They can't do much for those that it's not working for if they don't have the information to come up with a fix.

PC games don't have magic button solutions. They do, however, have thousands and thousands of lines of code. You try something, if it works, great. If not, you gather data on why it didn't work, and you design another fix. It's not something they can necessarily do at the snap of a finger.

Give them SOME credit: they came up with a partial fix. Just because it didn't fix YOUR issue doesn't mean that you should go and make all sorts of bad press for them.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 12-09-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Closed Thread