Starfleet Veteran
# 31
11-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Getting closer and closer to the debut of the pilot!

Here is a peak of the concept "cover" for episode 3, entitled "Together, or not at all".

http://t.co/vV8TrisZ
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
11-24-2012, 04:55 PM
I've had a few people ask me some questions I will answer here.

Q: You seem to be focusing a lot on M.A.C.O.'s in Starfinder, why do you do this, and does it make the series "less Trek"?

A: Intentional. I served personally in the United States Army, and I feel that Enterprise did a good thing in introducing the closest thing to "Troops" Star trek has had in the franchise.

Gene Roddenberry wanted a Utopia view of the future. Obviously DS9 is popular for "defying" this view by it's creator, perhaps because sometimes a genius idea person cannot foresee all the possible angles his or her creation can stretch in the paradigm given to the viewers.

I believe there is "much" to explore from the point of view of a "Starfleet grunt". The soldiers of Starfleet are the centurions of Rome; they represent the warriors who do the dirty work that their Utopian Federation would rather not "recognize" as being a necessary evil in their body of ideals.

Not everyone on a Starship can be an officer, it's like having a kitchen full of cooks and not one dishwasher or bus boy. We have had a very bias view of the way Starfleet runs things on a ship, but there always has to be an underdog element that is both crucial and overlooked and often mis credited in any successful organization.

Q: Some parts of the STO official story lore is vague such as the status of the Fed/KDF war. How do you plan to address these issues?

A: Episode 3 in fact,. deals with the very question of what the hell is going on with the Fed/Kdf war/truce? How does it impact ships in the "outback" of Starfinder who run into one another?

I will be addressing the story issues Cryptic has left dangling, while not "assuming" any liberties that may turn out to be mistaken and create discontinuity issues. if that makes sense.

Last edited by chooch99a; 11-25-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Okay this will be the main theme for Starfinder, the original plan with our composer got sidetracked as she is very busy moving offline.

It is a "modified" version of the theme from Elite Force

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93162047/maintheme-effects.mp3

Edit--the artist still may be finishing our original theme we are discussing this so this may or may not be the final track when aired

Last edited by chooch99a; 12-04-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
12-09-2012, 01:02 AM
The first ten people to reply to this thread forward, I will have your ship's names mentioned in the pilot of Starfinder. I will have the background comm in DS9 in the beginning edit in naming off your ships.

The only stipulation? It can't be a "silly" ship name like "Enterprize" or "Pwned" etc lol.
Career Officer
# 35
12-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Well sir, you have dukes flag ship... Strippers savior, another character of mine is Shadow Stream , my lib borg is the U.S.S. Consciousness
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/

Last edited by dariusmajere; 12-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
12-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Well sir, you have dukes flag ship... Strippers savior, another character of mine is Shadow Stream , my lib borg is the U.S.S. Consciousness
Okay, Pick Consciousness or Shadow stream
Ensign
# 37
12-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Doesn't "U.S.S. Elivagr" sound just awesome?
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
12-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Doesn't "U.S.S. Elivagr" sound just awesome?
How do you pronounce it? "El E vay gar", "El eye vah grr". or what?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Ooh ooh, how about one of mine, the USS Venator or USS Alexandria? :3

Looking forward to this
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
12-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Ooh ooh, how about one of mine, the USS Venator or USS Alexandria? :3
I like "Venator" it's unique..how about that one?