Ensign
# 21
12-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
They really NEED to give us a separate 'Holding Tank' if They are going to continue to make the tribbles in this manner.
Hey Cryptic, why don't you put this in the Z-Store?

A tribble stasis chamber... holds 50 tribbles: bound, unbound, unique, etc. Shove any furball in your inventory into the Tribble Stasis Chamber for long term storage.

Sounds like a plan and you guys might make a couple of bucks from it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I have a better idea ... just give the captain two extra device slots, six instead of four. Because I'm starting to get issues with which devices to keep and which to have out of my slots when switching through various missions like ground STF's, Defurry ground daily, Defurra Invasion, Winter Event, Foundry Missions, Nookara Event, Ground Fleet Missions / Actions etc.

So many various items and my inventory is full of stuff.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Career Officer
# 23
12-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
I have a better idea ... just give the captain two extra device slots, six instead of four. Because I'm starting to get issues with which devices to keep and which to have out of my slots when switching through various missions like ground STF's, Defurry ground daily, Defurra Invasion, Winter Event, Foundry Missions, Nookara Event, Ground Fleet Missions / Actions etc.

So many various items and my inventory is full of stuff.
I second this motion. Six device slots on our Captains would be extremely handy.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Rihannsu
# 24
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
They really NEED to give us a separate 'Holding Tank' if They are going to continue to make the tribbles in this manner... There was a wonderful thread back in the Cryptic Forums that described in very good detail, a whole set up for Tribble Breeding mechanic/player storage for the game...
I couldn't agree more. I think you are referring to a wonderful post back in Feb 2011, by JPJappic, in regards to what he called the "Tribble Terrarium". The thread is "archived" here, unfortunately the cool mock-up picture he made of it is a dead link.

I like Eris' idea of more Device slots. That would be great, in general. However, I would really like a separate Terrarium in which I could store/display my many tribbles, and as with Cincsac - I would would pay zen to get it.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 25
12-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I spent more than an hour on the TEST server. doing quests, etc etc STF.
why do not I also have my tribble?
HELP ME STAFF!
Captain
# 26
12-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Seriously how hard would it be for them to create a special doff? like 1 hour of work? Most of us who did the tribble test put in 2hrs+
Captain
# 27
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincsac View Post
Hey Cryptic, why don't you put this in the Z-Store?

A tribble stasis chamber... holds 50 tribbles: bound, unbound, unique, etc. Shove any furball in your inventory into the Tribble Stasis Chamber for long term storage.

Sounds like a plan and you guys might make a couple of bucks from it.
So in other words we're asking for Pokeballs now?

Tho.... It'd make sense for the Eppohs.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 28
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
first off..... another slot sucking next to worthless tribble and it gives only 1 freaking mark an hour. you do know you have a mission that takes only 5 space runs in the "new" area and takes less time and gives you 60 marks.

second. does anyone over there actually PLAY this game... cuz i see errors on just about EVERY map. (heres a free one but you have to actually find it. theres a planter on esd in one of the turbolift corners thats vase flickers).

a brief list of whats happned with testing

season 1... a borg tribble and a title
season 2... a undine tribble
season 3... noncompets
season 4... Crossfire tribble AND foundry down for almost 2 full months
season 5*1... Radan tribble with a whole whooping 5 dilithium per 1hr which only counts down IF your on ground, random doffs, 1 ship slot, ingame title*2, 8hr skill boost, 80k dilithuim onetime claim, 3 unique doffs.
season 6... a tribble that gives 1 fleet mark per hour, unigue doff
season 7... guess what...... ANOTHER FREAKING TRIBBLE

and to finish this off... and you wonder why you have almost no testers on tribble?
1. you dont listen
2. you post to the tribble "test" server only to 5 minutes later have a patch scheduled for the next day to push the "new" patch being tested LIVE!
3. what ever else im missing since im agrro'd

for me being able to play witheth new toys before everyone else is enough. but when you ask for feedback and then tell the testers their full of it and my personal favorite, its working as intended you create an aura of we'll do what ever we want because we have the keys to the city so naner naner naner.

you reap what you sow

mmo's require 2 basic things.
1. a reason to play it
2. a reason to stay

when a new player comes into a game what they dont want to see is blatant wallet grabbing "when he who hoses enough money he own everyone" thats an excellent strategy to see your game fail. players for the most part want to see a game where its about skill not about wallet size.

this concludes my wall-o-text rant

*1 Season 5 testing was basically replaying the entire game from start to finish and you received rewards based on what you accomplished.
*2 Titles where split between federation / klingon characters if you achieved a specific rank while testing.
There is no QA there is only ZUUL
Career Officer
# 29
12-09-2012, 05:12 AM
While I love the idea of this Tribble, the Fleet Tribble and the Radon tribble in theory, in practice the fact is that I'm going to forget to pet them, and if you did some data mining you'd probably find that the majority of players with these tribbles under-utilize them. One thing that would help with that would be adding the "Use" option to the tribble's right-click pop-up so they could be activated from inventory while in space (even if doing this just gave the marks or dilithium and didn't confer the BUFF).

If you really wanted to turn this reward from disappointment to jubilation, you could add an "auto-pet" feature, where captains would auto-pet the tribble when logging in (the way we auto-refine dilithium) if the tribble's cooldown was finished.
Captain
# 30
12-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Will the cannibal tribble eat the romulan tribble? I'd rather not have it stuck in my inventory and my reman officer could use a tribble to call his own but he can't hold this one apparently.
Closed Thread