Captain
# 261
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
That's pretty much the exact build I'd/will use... TSS3 is your only serious option in that Lt. Com. slot, it lets you run a t-beam (like on an MVAM) which is nice, especially since you sure as hell need to control movement.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 262
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
That's pretty much the exact build I'd/will use... TSS3 is your only serious option in that Lt. Com. slot, it lets you run a t-beam (like on an MVAM) which is nice, especially since you sure as hell need to control movement.
for a MVAM user, im sure the console setup is nice, to bad about the turn rate being half of what one of the 3 sections would have though lol
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 263
12-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

3 purple tech, 2 shield distribution doffs
I am intrigued by this build...

Can you please elaborate on the DOffs. "3 purple tech..." what's the full description of these?

Thanks!
Captain
# 264
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post

Can you please elaborate on the DOffs. "3 purple tech..." what's the full description of these?

Thanks!
"Recharge time for all bridge officer abilities to recharge when Auxiliary to Emergency Battery is used."

http://www.stowiki.org/Specialization:_Technician
Empire Veteran
# 265
12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post

Thanks!
found in the table of contents-

my complete post buff AtB findings

freshly updated to be more accurate and informative
Commander
# 266
12-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Hey Drunk, I had a thought: there hasn't really been any mention of the Assault Cruiser Refit in this guide. As much as I am now a believer in the Excelsior's capabilities as the best Battlecruiser that Feds will ever get, there is bound to be a PVP'er that wants a Tac Cruiser, but hates the look of the Excelsior, and is a Sovvy fanboy.

So here's my ideas for an Assault Cruiser Refit that can meet these demands:

Ship: Regent Assault Cruiser Refit

Weapons: 4 single cannons, 4 turrets

TT1, CRF1, APO1
TT1
EPTA1, ATB1, RSP2, DEM3 (Or EWP3)
EPTS1, ATB1
TB1, HE2

3 Energy Weapon consoles (4 for Fleet Version)
2 RCS Accelerators, 1 Neutronium, Borg
Either 2 Flow Caps or 2 Particle Generators

Engine: Omega
Deflector: Omega
Shield: Maco

Doffs: 3 Technician Doffs, 2 BFI Doffs

Though it won't turn as smoothly as the Excelsior, I believe this ship could possibly be the equal of it's smaller and quicker cousin, dealing out just as much damage and being just as durable. The dual Aux to Battery makes it so that you will have plenty of power to your systems, except for Auxiliary. Though you pump out HE twice as quick, you aren't that good at the healing role. So bring Aux batteries with you in every fight.

With this ship, more so than the Excelsior, you are going to be making use of that Tractor Beam to slow people down while you shoot them up. Or You can switch out DEM3 for Eject Warp Plasma with two Particle Generators for snaring ability. It can even provide a good portion of your damage capability.

I dunno how well Meteron Gas would go with this build, so I hope Drunk can provide some insight into my idea. I was thinking of using Plasma Cannons and Turrets because according to what I hear, plasma consoles help improve the damage of the Meteron Gas along with Particle Generators

The one strength this build has over the Excelsior is the twin Tac Teams for full coverage in that area

Last edited by cliftona91; 12-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Captain
# 267
12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
2 ENS Tac Teams are super-redundant with Aux2Bat ships that all in for cannons, mix with having a lower turn rate than the Excelsior and more vulnerability to VM c/o not having a rogue ET on hand you're basically a worse Excelsior. I think if wanted to run it as an Aux2Bat ship, 7 arrays and the WA Torp for torp spread goodness with EWP or DEM would be pretty doable as a spam clearer. Something like FAW1 / Spread 2 / AP 2 and a TT1 on the rogue ENS Tac station. If Beta 2 weren't so likely to come up worthless, it'd be pretty spiffy as well as practically everything would have it painted on it all the time.

The Metreon Console is basically a worse EWP, it does no real damage until detonated, doesn't stick with the target once they clear it, and gets its zone denial cleared by stray gunfire.

JM2c as a (former) owner of the Regent.
Commander
# 268
12-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
2 ENS Tac Teams are super-redundant with Aux2Bat ships that all in for cannons, mix with having a lower turn rate than the Excelsior and more vulnerability to VM c/o not having a rogue ET on hand you're basically a worse Excelsior. I think if wanted to run it as an Aux2Bat ship, 7 arrays and the WA Torp for torp spread goodness with EWP or DEM would be pretty doable as a spam clearer. Something like FAW1 / Spread 2 / AP 2 and a TT1 on the rogue ENS Tac station. If Beta 2 weren't so likely to come up worthless, it'd be pretty spiffy as well as practically everything would have it painted on it all the time.

The Metreon Console is basically a worse EWP, it does no real damage until detonated, doesn't stick with the target once they clear it, and gets its zone denial cleared by stray gunfire.

JM2c as a (former) owner of the Regent.
Hmmm, good points you have brought up. It does make me sad though. As much as I love my Fleet Excelsior and how the old girl can still turn ships into scrap metal, I am disappointed that the Regent is playing second fiddle to it.

If it wasn't for that, I would of been using the damn thing. But as of now, if I do get the Regent, I would only use it as an alternate when I feel a need of a change of pace from my Excelsior.

If I were to change the setup I put up, I would likely replace the cannon with the Wide Angle Torpedo and use Torp Spread 1
Empire Veteran
# 269
12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
for a tactical cruiser there is no better option then 2 AtB, and the excelcior is just better at using the most damage dealing weapons a fed cruiser can use. but singles with turrets cant rip a shield facing down off anyone paying attention, so a torp is basically worthless here. regardless, the 180 torp aft with HY or TS 1 would be what i recommend for a regent. also, i wouldn't bother with turn consoles. they basically wont do anything for this ship, they barely do anything for the excelsior

the gas console, i know its buffed by partical gens, but your on a ship that can never have more then 2. i don't really understand why this console is limited to sov variants. i suppose the mirror sov can have 3 particle consoles, but now your getting silly, that is the least effective damage dealing sov. unless the explosion deals plamsa damage, plasma tac consoles wont buff it. i think it deals knetic, im not sure. never bought the thing.
Commander
# 270
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
for a tactical cruiser there is no better option then 2 AtB, and the excelcior is just better at using the most damage dealing weapons a fed cruiser can use. but singles with turrets cant rip a shield facing down off anyone paying attention, so a torp is basically worthless here. regardless, the 180 torp aft with HY or TS 1 would be what i recommend for a regent. also, i wouldn't bother with turn consoles. they basically wont do anything for this ship, they barely do anything for the excelsior

the gas console, i know its buffed by partical gens, but your on a ship that can never have more then 2. i don't really understand why this console is limited to sov variants. i suppose the mirror sov can have 3 particle consoles, but now your getting silly, that is the least effective damage dealing sov. unless the explosion deals plamsa damage, plasma tac consoles wont buff it. i think it deals knetic, im not sure. never bought the thing.
Tool tip says plasma, I checked.

Still disappointed that one of the most beautiful ships and supposedly one of the more advanced ones isn't any better than an 120 year old antique (albeit one that still kicks ass) and in fact it's worse.

What were the Dev's thinking?