Ensign
# 11
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
The anti-borg weapons have [CritD] [Borg] plus either [CritD], [CrtH], [Dmg], or [KB3]. The [Borg] on these weapons deal 10% additional Dmg vs Borg as Kinetic (the old weapons give a flat +15 kinetic which is far superior). Pretty much they are junk. I only have Mk XII pistols (was going to get the others but will probably not) and each pistol costs 9470 Dilithium. All four pistol types are in the store. I have heard there is no pulsewave.

Romulan weapons were a disappointment. The Mk XII Rifle unlock (notice it says Rifle instead of Rifles) only offers a Romulan Plasma High Density Beam Rifle. Likewise Mk XII Assault unlocks only a Romulan Plasma Assault Minigun. There are 7 mod versions of either weapon (of which 6 are junk). They also cost a whopping 14205 Dilithium each. However, both have a [CritX]x2 (+4% crit, +20% crit sev) version in the store, which is pretty nice, and they use Romulan weapon skins. Also, these weapons have both the plasma proc and the disruptor proc.
Commander
# 12
12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Would be nice to hear from the devs if they are going to add a pulsewave in, or if they are seriously going to take away one of the most commonly used stf weapons from the stf store.
Career Officer
# 13
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
So the other energy types are gone? It's just anti-proton? Really? What the f*** Cryptic? I guess I should be grateful that I grabbed those old weapons before Season 7 launched.

For weapons that are effective against the Borg, you sure made a smart move by limiting our purchases to just one energy type...against an enemy that can adapt to energy types.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 14
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
So the other energy types are gone? It's just anti-proton? Really? What the f*** Cryptic? I guess I should be grateful that I grabbed those old weapons before Season 7 launched.

For weapons that are effective against the Borg, you sure made a smart move by limiting our purchases to just one energy type...against an enemy that can adapt to energy types.
Yep... but you should look at the big picture here. The only weapon that's disadvantaged by this is the Omega autocarbine. And if you need THAT, there's something wrong with your build if you ask me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Commander
# 15
12-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Bumping this up in hopes of getting a response as to if the pulsewave will be added, and also warn others so the don't waste there marks and dilithium.
Career Officer
# 16
12-10-2012, 02:24 AM
From what i have seen also... No space weapon anti borg weapons are in the tabs so far either...
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 17
12-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
From what i have seen also... No space weapon anti borg weapons are in the tabs so far either...
Nope - nope space weapons other than the Romulan Plasma ones - there doesn't appear to be a Mk XII Borg space either that people were expecting.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Commander
# 18
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
They said something about not including space weapons because of the tier 4 kinetic damage proc, basically said it wasn't needed anymore. Think this was back in tribble days, would still be nice to be able to get space weapons.
Career Officer
# 19
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
craptic didn't know how to make the borg proc weapons work as intended so their solution was the remove their availability and give you an optional passive damage proc (2.5% for energy weapons, 5% for projectiles) at 725 kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration. Lemme just do the math here... carry the 2, nope, 1k damage per hit on torpedos vs 725 every 1 out of 20. seems slightly lacking in its prior efficiency. Granted, this isn't a borg only proc, but still, seems quite gimped compared to the original proc.
Career Officer
# 20
12-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Yep... but you should look at the big picture here. The only weapon that's disadvantaged by this is the Omega autocarbine. And if you need THAT, there's something wrong with your build if you ask me.
I DO use the carbine with the full Omega set, and it works well as a blanket expose weapon.
@HyperLimited