Captain
# 1 pvp bootcamp and recruitment.
12-07-2012, 03:58 AM
i have a question reguarding the pvp boot camp.

are there going to be any "gentlemens rules" about recruitng from boot campers?

ie- a single fleet cant say "theyre allz mines!" etc etc.

just wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 2
12-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i have a question reguarding the pvp boot camp.

are there going to be any "gentlemens rules" about recruitng from boot campers?

ie- a single fleet cant say "theyre allz mines!" etc etc.

just wondering.
Thanks, maicake. I am going to be addressing this very point in the next coaches conference call, which will be about 1-1.5 weeks before the first event (Dec 29th). In short: Boot Camp will not condone the recruitment of players during Boot Camp events.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 3
12-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Thanks, maicake. I am going to be addressing this very point in the next coaches conference call, which will be about 1-1.5 weeks before the first event (Dec 29th). In short: Boot Camp will not condone the recruitment of players during Boot Camp events.
ah. so when one enters the boot camp how long will it be? when will people be allowed to be "recruited" by a pvp fleet.

will this information when its finalized, be posted so boot campers and fleets will know the rules on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 4
12-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
ah. so when one enters the boot camp how long will it be? when will people be allowed to be "recruited" by a pvp fleet.

will this information when its finalized, be posted so boot campers and fleets will know the rules on it?
I am planning to post a few general policies on the PvP Boot Camp website, which will touch on the following non-exhaustive list of issues:

- Recruitment (outside of official Boot Camp settings [namely, the monthly events themselves] coaches may do what they wish. I have no desire to micromanage people's behavior. But it is very important that the event itself is low pressure and that students don't feel like they are receiving advertisement within a session taht is meant to be solely dedicated to learning about PvP.

- Learning Environment: Emphasis will be on making each event a safe place where people can ask questions, receive feedback, and make mistakes, without fear of retribution, mocking, etc. from the coach.

- Curriculum/Teaching Style: Coaches will be given general guidelines for what should be taught, all of which will be based on a 4-part curriculum that is currently under development. But these guidelines will be general enough that teachers' personal style will be able to be expressed.

These are just a few things and I welcome any feedback on what I have written above. Please keep in mind, though, that the three points I give above are tentative and are in response to this particular thread's concern. Thanks again for the inquiries.

@gradstudent1
Commander
# 5
12-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Where do I sign up for boot camp, and what does it entail?
Captain
# 6
12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Just click on this link and all will be revealed.
Captain
# 7
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Actually, registration for the first event will not open until the middle-end of next week, concomitant with a guest blog that will come out on the STO website titled, "PvP Boot Camp: We Want YOU." But if you want, you can register on the website that drkfrontiers references above. Thanks for your interest!

@gradstudent1
Commander
# 8
12-10-2012, 05:01 AM
I tried to register for your site, but it seems it is not live yet. I thoguht I'd be able to register for the site, just not the event.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Boot Camp on the 29th (8pm CET), but I may have christmas/new year plans interfering. If I miss this first one, can I join in the new year instead?
Captain
# 9
12-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
I tried to register for your site, but it seems it is not live yet. I thoguht I'd be able to register for the site, just not the event.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Boot Camp on the 29th (8pm CET), but I may have christmas/new year plans interfering. If I miss this first one, can I join in the new year instead?
Hmmm. I am surprised you had trouble registering on the site. Many people are already in our system, and we don't have any open apps.

You cannot register for hte event itself, but you should be able to just register for the site. Just in case you missed something, here are the instructions for site registration.

- Go to http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/
- In the right hand side of the homepage, click on the link that says, "Apply to Community."
- This should take you to a login screen. Click the link that says, "Create Account" if you don't alreayd have a Shivtr account.
- FOllow instructions from there.
- We will then approve your application.

And by the way, if you can't make the Boot Camp in December, you can join the one in January, the following month, absolutely. Boot Camp is a monthly event! Thanks for your interest.

If you continue to have problems, I will get drkfrontiers--the technical genius behind the website--to contact you and get things worked out. Thanks again!

@gradstudent1
Commander
# 10
12-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Ah, I see. I was using the 'How to Register' image in the centre of the page.

Edit: Ok, I clicked the 'Apply to Community' link, and it asked me to complete an application form asking for my character name, race, and class. I think it might have just made me apply to join the guild, although that could just be because it ais a guild website for a PvP event. Not too sure.

If it didn't work, I'll wait until I hear from drkfrontiers.

Last edited by bortjinx; 12-10-2012 at 06:35 AM.