Rihannsu
# 41
12-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
There's plenty of links there to old forum posts and Stahl's statements (and back-pedalling) over KDF content are well known by many players here.

Only as recently as the F2P transition we were told that the KDF would see some significant improvements - little-to-nothing has been done with the KDF since then - much the same as the PvP discussions and promises.

Honestly, I can't understand why anyone would take an apologist stance over Cryptic's handling of the KDF - unless of course, they just don't care about that segment of the player base.
Show me. Don't just give me the old rumormill copout of "he said it somewhere". give me a link.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 42
12-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
P.S. Borticas was a fan, and in fact Co-Hosted STO'ked. The show mentioned was his very last other then as a guest, as he was offered a job by cryptic studios due to much of the work he did during the run of STO'ked. Borticus is indeed a fan of the game, and a player of the game besides being one of the studio's Dev's now. And he's one of the very best friends we the players could have on the inside of the door into cryptic studios. He doesn't always tell everything, but he will not lie to the players about a game issue.. He'll either lay it out for you or not say anything. But he does deliver the strait dope. The man has got integrity that I for one happen to trust. He's not let me down yet, and if he has, he's the only one that knows it.
Sorry, I might have believed some of this prior to the STF->Omega Reputation conversion but that was so opaque, greedy and flat-out disrespectful of the STF community that I no longer believe the player-base has any 'friends' inside of Cryptic - all we are is an open wallet to them - believing otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 43
12-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Show me. Don't just give me the old rumormill copout of "he said it somewhere". give me a link.
Get off your lazy ass and read the archived posts in the links - I have - if you can't be bothered to actually investigate a counterpoint to your denial of Cryptic's mishandling and misrepresentation of the KDF then there's little point in me trying to persuade you.
Captain
# 44
12-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Get off your lazy ass and read the archived posts in the links - I have - if you can't be bothered to actually investigate a counterpoint to your denial of Cryptic's mishandling and misrepresentation of the KDF then there's little point in me trying to persuade you.
Lame cop out there.
# 45
12-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
KDF Content Given:
Starbases and Starbase Projects Tailored Directly Towards them
New Ship in the Cstore, Veteran reward Ship, Custom Tailored Lock box Ships, Mirror Ships.
New Starbase and Embassy content so far coming Out Monthly.
New Alpha Mission
Lobi Store costumes Dedicated to KDF only.
thats Off the top of my Head.

Stahl Dancing around topics is Again, Not a direct Hard Statement and date said this is when it is hitting For you to say they have Failed to Deliver. If no Delivery Date and No Direct List of items is stated to be Delivered. Then No Delivery can be failed to Arrive and no content is missing From Arriving. Show Me what they have promised to hand you and a Direct Date they failed to give it on. As I said Straight up, Hard Fact. Assumptions of what is coming or to be delivered by the players is not a guarantee of what is to come or when it will Arrive.

We are told Eventually if we hold out we would Eventually Make a good paycheck at or jobs.
At the end we fail to Get what we want or decide is a good amount, Never once did the company State what we would Get. They state what we could Get if we stayed with them.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Commander
# 46
12-10-2012, 06:09 AM
he has a point. its not about the whole game sucks or anything. its just that there are so many bugs that have been there for ages and those bugs have been reported (sometimes prior their release to holodeck). there are small bugs and there are big bugs. small bugs dont matter so much but big bugs do and they should be fixed asap. one big bug is the one shoot borg story. its not that whoever is reading my post here heard the first time about it. almost everybody has expired that and it should be fixed. still, there is not even a sign that this is going to be fixed. i think staff-management at cryptic is responsible here. there should be a group of devs who are constantly fixing bugs (because there is still a huge list). i am a VA and most of the bugs do not concern me right away, as i dont play the mission content anymore. but when i started a new character a few weeks ago, i had to see all those bugs still being in the game and if i would be new to this game and not a hardcore star trek fan, chances are high that i would have played this for the last time and just remove it from my harddrive. i have quite a good defiant build and STFs are no problem for me, but if i would be new with (probably) maximum some blue gear that is not above MK X, i would stop playing as well, its too depressing to be destroyed all the time at even the normal difficult level. my new char, a science, has a nebula and i play him from time to time. he has almost no chance in any STF when its a direct confrontation. it has heeling capabilities but those are quite useless against invisible borg powers. i didnt use any advise on how to make a decent build nor does it have the required equipment, but the normal player who is playing this game for the first time will be like that as well and its not fun. a game is supposed to make fun and if you dont have good gear and know about all the bugs in the game, its not making any fun. of course, the player should have some good gear but if you dont have the MACO or OMEGA, you are lost. Not every new guy wants to invest soo much time to get the gear so it should be possible to at least survive an STF with normal blue gear, too. Make a 3rd difficult-level with the borg much weaker and you will solve this problem, but there are still one-shoots that are not solved. well, i think i am doing circle?s right now so you can think the rest of my opinion about the whole problem.

then a short note about the KDF. i have one character and i dont play him at all. It was already boring to play him anyway because KDF almost has the same exact content as FED and whats the point? I tried to skip as much as possible of those missions and level myself up with borg red alerts.
What ? Calaway.

Last edited by tebsu; 12-10-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 47
12-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
KDF Content Given:
Starbases and Starbase Projects Tailored Directly Towards them
New Ship in the Cstore, Veteran reward Ship, Custom Tailored Lock box Ships, Mirror Ships.
New Starbase and Embassy content so far coming Out Monthly.
New Alpha Mission
Lobi Store costumes Dedicated to KDF only.
thats Off the top of my Head.
Aside from the Alpha mission, I don't consider any of your remaining points 'content' - and you can debate the semantics all you want but tell me, how often do you visit your starbase (Fed or KDF) and - do you have fun there?. I know I sure don't.

Yes, there's ships - lots and lots of ships to fly in decent old PvE content, sub-standard new PvE content or broken PvP - it's graphical fluff with no purpose other than to get you to reach into your wallet or grind Dilithium for.

And this can be said of the Feds as much as the KDF, the only difference being that the KDF have very little of their own mission content - way less than the Feds. And any new stuff that gets introduced is as faction agnostic as possible and whilst the Feddies may not care, they should because its making a mockery of their storyline too.

Cryptic could put a captured KDF Borg cube in the C-Store for all I care, with 15 consoles and slots for 8 Boffs but after flying it around Narendra 3 times to get 60 Romulan Marks, what else am I gonna do with it? Park it outside New Romulus I guess whilst I go chase bunnies. Qapla'

When did mediocrity become so acceptable?
Empire Veteran
# 48
12-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
where in there does it say KDF was ever supposed to have "full" content?
Watch the video link.

Quote:
...ALSO As for Klingon Faction. The Klingon Faction and I know People Don't want to here This, Was NOT created to be a full blown Faction, It was Created as an Advanced Faction to give more of a challenge in PVP to Higher Level Captains. It was Even Advertised as That...
Go watch the video and stop spreading lies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m48s

Last edited by theparanoid; 12-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 49
12-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
Watch the video link.

Go watch the video and stop spreading lies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m48s
This Is Typical Pre-design Discussions and what was Planned. Now show me the Launch notes That Showed You were fully Getting it. Alot In that Video has not yet been Introduced. He said they planned to have. Planned Meaning will be Added. Again No direct statement would be available on Launch Date. Complain IF you want about Lies. Show me again On Launch Notes. And The Direct SALE of the Game. And in the SALES material etc. this Showed as being Included.,
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Empire Veteran
# 50
12-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
This Is Typical Pre-design Discussions and what was Planned. Now show me the Launch notes That Showed You were fully Getting it. Alot In that Video has not yet been Introduced. He said they planned to have. Planned Meaning will be Added. Again No direct statement would be available on Launch Date. Complain IF you want about Lies. Show me again On Launch Notes. And The Direct SALE of the Game. And in the SALES material etc. this Showed as being Included.,
Never said they did not back pedal. BUt you sir Said. it was never supose to be full Faction. That is lie. It was. Original plan to be full Faction per that video. It was not till open beta that they change it from full faction to faction we finish later. Then to PVP only faction.

Now that said. Had cryptic done other wise they would have been no game. How it been almost three years. It past time to finish he faction.