Captain
# 11
12-10-2012, 07:34 AM
If you'd like some extra help or to catch up with a missed session, you can always PM me or a number of my fleetmates at any time and I'll give you a hand.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 12
12-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the offer Shimmerless. I might take you up on that
Career Officer
# 13
12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Bit of a pointless question really, all those that happen to be fleetless will know which fleet is which and instantly want to be in the "best".

And thus other fleets who need fresh PVP talent more will be just as baron as they were before.
Captain
# 14
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Bit of a pointless question really, all those that happen to be fleetless will know which fleet is which and instantly want to be in the "best".

And thus other fleets who need fresh PVP talent more will be just as baron as they were before.
which is why i asked if there will be any "gentlemens" agreements to recruiting the boot campers.

if there is then i intend to make sure TSI follows any reasonable guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 15
12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
which is why i asked if there will be any "gentlemens" agreements to recruiting the boot campers.

To my knowledge the only coaches from TSI is myself and Hammel.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
# 16
12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post

I saw some comments in a different thread - the Space Rules thread (I think) - in which someone had listed some rules for the boot camp which included 'Keep recruitment out of boot camp'. Basically it explained that people went to boot camp to learn about PvP, and not to join a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I just wish to post this DOESN'T mean you can't invite someone to your T5 fleet and let a new player buy a ship and leave tho?
Noone.
Captain
# 18
12-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
I just wish to post this DOESN'T mean you can't invite someone to your T5 fleet and let a new player buy a ship and leave tho?
Thanks, Zorandra for this response. In short, of course you may invite someone to your fleet for fleet-based transactions.

The whole philosophy behind the "no recruitment zone" during Boot Camp events is simply to remove additional pressure that newer players could feel, in addition to the pressure already exerted on them by the sharp learning curve that is PvP.

Simply put: Our goal at Boot Camp is to educate, not recruit players. What you do outside of the Boot Camp time with respect to recruitment is your own business. My concern is simply that the 1.5 hours/month during which Boot Camp is running is focused exclusively on making people better PvP players.

We will have a meeting in the very near future, perhaps arund the 21st, to discuss a wide range of issues, including recruitment policies. Again, thanks for keeping this issue at the forefront, beacuse it is very important.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 12-10-2012 at 09:32 PM.