Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Q Appreciation Rip-off?
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Why offer an item (Q Appreciation Package) to assist in the acquisition of the holiday prize (Breen ship) and then put a variable reward amount (2-6 pics)?

If you want players to even consider this then make it a definite amount, like 5 per box (though I think it should be more like 10-20); especially since this is suppose to be a free gift then don't add your "Lockbox mentality" to it.

If a person wants to spend money on keys to open boxes and get lobis for the advanced completion method for the ship (someone always wants to be first on the block), then make it a specific method and not a random thing.

Personally, I would not spend one penny on a free ship (that concept is an oxymoron... pay for a free ship).
Commander
# 2
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
If you want players to even consider this then make it a definite amount, like 5 per box (though I think it should be more like 10-20); especially since this is suppose to be a free gift then don't add your "Lockbox mentality" to it.
Why should they bother? Idiots are already buying it the way it is now, why make it cheaper?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Well, I spent 15 Lobis (that I had from forever ago and never used) to get a little jump on the Breen ship. Of course, they were from when I was a newbie (pre-resub) to the game and almost got sucked into the Feregi Lockbox mousetrap...wised up fast. Just do your "daily" for Q and you should have enough to get the ship w/o spending a single cent.

Last edited by sharyssa; 12-10-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Captain
# 4
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Everything about gambling is supposed to be random so if a reward is given out a certain amount of rewards, then it should be random. The reason for it being in the Lobi Store is that some people are too impatient to get it or people are going on Holidays so they can't get it normally. The minute I first logged into Winter Wonderland, people were already showcasing their Breen ship boxes. If you take a 3 week Christmas Vacation with no access to Internet, then you are out of luck.
Captain
# 5
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Rip-off?
You people dont know the meaning of the words you use.
Who the f*** forced anyone to buy anything and how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If you take a 3 week Christmas Vacation with no access to Internet, then you are out of luck.

So you dont play the game but you want ingame rewards.WTF.

What if someone stops playing STO 2 years.That person should get all rewards just because stopped playing for two years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Why should they bother? Idiots are already buying it the way it is now, why make it cheaper?

So if someone supports the game you play that person is an idiot....well I dont think you are that smart.

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-10-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Everything about gambling is supposed to be random so if a reward is given out a certain amount of rewards, then it should be random. The reason for it being in the Lobi Store is that some people are too impatient to get it or people are going on Holidays so they can't get it normally. The minute I first logged into Winter Wonderland, people were already showcasing their Breen ship boxes. If you take a 3 week Christmas Vacation with no access to Internet, then you are out of luck.
Which is why it should have just been something like 5-7 (one week) races and that is that... I think that STO/PWE is betting that if folks have to get in game once a day to do the race then they just might stay in long enough to spend money on other things... or if they don't have time then they will pay for the free gift.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
Which is why it should have just been something like 5-7 (one week) races and that is that... I think that STO/PWE is betting that if folks have to get in game once a day to do the race then they just might stay in long enough to spend money on other things... or if they don't have time then they will pay for the free gift.

...like it or not, its a intelligent (normal) business strategy for PWE to work from.
Rihannsu
# 8
12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
make it cost more, this game needs funding!

(it is not a free ship, it is a ship earned by playing at least 10 minutes 25 days long)

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
What really annoys me is that when a ship comes out that is in alock box or put into the Z-Store - you get the players that shout to the hills They are making me spend money.

They give you an alternate way to get another ship through the addition of spending money "like Lobi" and they shout the are ripping me off.

Cryptic has found what I think is a great way to Give something away for free and you are still getting people shouting they are ripping us off.

I have a question, how are they ripping you off? for playing a game you have chose to play and asking that for 5 minutes while you play that game you take the time to run a race that doesn't even last a full 5 minutes.

I know there is a saying you can pleasing people some of the time, but some of the members here couldn't be please if the head of Cryptic personally sent them an email with a FREE ship unlock code.
Captain
# 10
12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
make it cost more, this game needs funding!

(it is not a free ship, it is a ship earned by playing at least 10 minutes 25 days long)
Exactly - "free" is a relative term - you are spending "time" to get it - time is the most valuble asset you have - and it is limited - both in hours per day and your lifetime - every minute that goes by is just 1 minute closer to the point that your time is up.