Captain
# 221
12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectamabob View Post
Oh GOD, would you two just kiss and get it over with already?

Seriously, and we thought Mulder and Scully were bad....
It's a conversation, feel free to actually contribute something to it, rather than making snarky comments....
Career Officer
# 222
12-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Just makes no sense how someone with that many issues would make it through the Academy, let alone get posted to the Federation Flagship... Even by the time of Voyager, his issues hadn't been resolved, he'd just found new targets to fixate on... I felt sorry for the guy who'd introduced Reg to his sister (in law?) (and her to, really) as you knew that wasn't going to be a happy ending...
Perhaps Starfleet has an official policy not to dscriminate against people with social disabilities (as well as hypochondria :p)? He might suck at everything and anything social, but he's very good at what he does (not a surprise if he's suffering from autism, or something worse than social anxiety, which it felt like to me) and therefore has a place on the flagship, of all places.

You can't begrudge the guy for trying the odd social thing or a relationship, even if he's extremely awkward when he does. He's human too :p

I can associate with Reg
----
Survivor of Romulus
# 223
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
yep
Never trusted him myself
its the Grin

I read an amusing article a while back which gave a dozen or so reasons why Riker's actually the biggest a-hole in Trekdom... The reasons were actually pretty compelling once read
Oh I can think of several myself (some of which can't be posted here) did you notice how much Worse he became once he was directing??

Quote:
Quote:
its official Reg is Devious

Just makes no sense how someone with that many issues would make it through the Academy, let alone get posted to the Federation Flagship... Even by the time of Voyager, his issues hadn't been resolved, he'd just found new targets to fixate on... I felt sorry for the guy who'd introduced Reg to his sister (in law?) (and her to, really) as you knew that wasn't going to be a happy ending...
Im betting theres a Holographic Admiral Janeway on the enterprise black file list

Quote:
Quote:
you realise that stuffs illegal?

McCoy seemed to have a source for the stuff he gave Kirk as a birthday present (and probably provided what was served to the Klingons in the Undiscovered Country) and it was served at Riker's wedding (andconsumed by a Federation security officer) I don't think I'm going to have Elliot Ness kicking my door in... And if I did, I'd just point out that my great-great-great-great-grandmother's Romulan* and that I keep the stuff on hand for 'Cultural Reasons'...
Elliot Ness "TNG" you mean
Half treasury agent half section 31 agent half human half klingon and half insane (thats 2 1/2 untouchables)

Quote:
Quote:
But he was a very effective program
we could do with him as a boff

He did have his uses...
Would be handy to have a EMH Boff (ideal for shipboard operations)

Quote:
Quote:
A little checking up has revealed MANY pictures of poor old hoshi eating

As they say, The Truth is Out There... Brannon "I'm a freak" Braga clearly thought no one would notice...
one of them involves Noodles

Quote:
* Oh wait, that was Romany, not Romulan... Oh well, both peoples're viewed as scum by The Man, might as well live up to expectation...
You think there is a connection?
Captain
# 224
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Perhaps Starfleet has an official policy not to dscriminate against people with social disabilities (as well as hypochondria :p)? He might suck at everything and anything social, but he's very good at what he does (not a surprise if he's suffering from autism, or something worse than social anxiety, which it felt like to me) and therefore has a place on the flagship, of all places.

You can't begrudge the guy for trying the odd social thing or a relationship, even if he's extremely awkward when he does. He's human too :p

I can associate with Reg
You might well be right there... I mean, Geordi's blind, and in a crunch, his disability could be as dangerous to his ship and crew, as someone 'freezing up' and unable to function, but equally, I never really saw Geordi as truly disabled by his blindness. Maybe Reg was supposed to have purely been 'lab based', but managed to work his way into regular duty...
Survivor of Romulus
# 225
12-10-2012, 10:39 AM
There have always been people with disabilities in trek
A certain completely Blind Doctor in TOS springs to mind
Geordi of course
Captain
# 226
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Oh I can think of several myself (some of which can't be posted here) did you notice how much Worse he became once he was directing??
Yeah, funny coincidence, that

Quote:
Im betting theres a Holographic Admiral Janeway on the enterprise black file list
"Mistress Kathryn's Dungeon" Not that I'd know...

Quote:
Half treasury agent half section 31 agent half human half klingon and half insane (thats 2 1/2 untouchables)
Yeah, pretty incompetent guy, kept sampling the contraband too much to be truly efficient...

Quote:
Definitely

Quote:
BB has a very warped mind...

Quote:
Both cultures of alcohol abuse and a penchant for fisticuffs, but other than that, not much of a connection
Captain
# 227
12-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
There have always been people with disabilities in trek
A certain completely Blind Doctor in TOS springs to mind
Geordi of course
Starfleet is clearly an equal opportunity employer
Survivor of Romulus
# 228
12-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:

Yeah, funny coincidence, that
well I confess had I been Directing and scripting TNG Q would have got phasered in the face when he was depowered
The Whole Worf Trois Riker thing would never have appeared on screen
and Wesley would have had a nasty transporter accident and come back as a different actor
Not to forget someone would have fixed that stupid constant fault on the aft science station that made it explode all the time

Quote:
Quote:

"Mistress Kathryn's Dungeon" Not that I'd know...
"Queen Arachnia's Court" I was thinking

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, pretty incompetent guy, kept sampling the contraband too much to be truly efficient...
He couldn't be bought (but possibly because no one actually tried)
Quote:
Quote:

Definitely
Maybe a Z store item ? Mk 1 EMH Boff

Quote:
Quote:

BB has a very warped mind...
and a limited budget

Quote:
Quote:

Both cultures of alcohol abuse and a penchant for fisticuffs, but other than that, not much of a connection
Hmm well lets see
Both peoples have a reputation for being insular and also for internal loyalty
(We get Romanys back home and they are very reluctant to marry into Greek Familys)
Captain
# 229
12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
well I confess had I been Directing and scripting TNG Q would have got phasered in the face when he was depowered
The Whole Worf Trois Riker thing would never have appeared on screen
Of all of the characters, Worf definitely go the most action over the years...

Quote:
and Wesley would have had a nasty transporter accident and come back as a different actor
I don't think anyone else would have done a better job than Will Wheaton, the character itself was fundamentally flawed...

Quote:
Not to forget someone would have fixed that stupid constant fault on the aft science station that made it explode all the time
That's Martian labor for you...

Quote:
"Queen Arachnia's Court" I was thinking
Maybe 'Felix' was just Paris' pseudonym :lol:

Quote:
He couldn't be bought (but possibly because no one actually tried)
And couldn't be bothered, hence the apparently free supply of Romulan Ale in the Federation

Quote:
Maybe a Z store item ? Mk 1 EMH Boff
Would definitely be a worthy addition

Quote:
and a limited budget
And a limited range... The writing of M:I-2 was just embarrassing...

Quote:
Both peoples have a reputation for being insular and also for internal loyalty
(We get Romanys back home and they are very reluctant to marry into Greek Familys)
That's true, and strong cultural attachments... That said, Great-great-great-great Grandma chose to leave the lifestyle and married into a Setled Family
Career Officer
# 230
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM