Empire Veteran
I did wonder if Cryptic has plans to make the KDF feel Klingon as far as to unfold story lines with new romulus with things related to Klingons and not a fed diet. One start would be is to develope a story with the romulan prison camp where the romulans, klingons and their children of mixed romulan and klingon heritage are doing since Worf last visited them in the birthright episodes.

I would think with decades gone by that romulus was destroyed that like D'tan they would want these people to join them and would further develop the KDF side of it. To me the rock picking and things that seem sort of like a fed diet would feel more KDF if it were also helping people who are atleast part Klingon. Our motivation lines would be... That is not a farming instrument that is a Bat'leth! WHat have you learned in the last 50 years! lol

Seriously though there is a lot of tid bits here and there in the IP to make it feel KDF without such nasty repeats of cut and paste

Also on topic of Klingon Content for any future Borg turning points with Omega Force I did have another idea for that story line where the Viidians found that Klingon DNA was resistant to their Phage. That the Kuvah'Magh was Miral Paris but her cureing those Delta Quadrant Klingons the things she was suppossed to do in the story I was thinking of is that by cureing them it helped create a new Delta Quadrant Empire that helps stop a borg invasion of the alpha quadrant beyond the possible things with new romulus, house of torg, jm'pok, worf, fek'ihr, story lines there is a lot that could be done with the KDF if they are allowed to make an attempt to try

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 12-08-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Lots of interesting ideas, but there are two thoughts that immedeatelly come into my mind when I think about this:

The Phage is already cured ("Think Tank").

The Klingons compliment in "Prophecy" was 204.
The question is how far you can grow with that number in 32 years, even of we ignore 80+ years of inbreeding already underway on the ship.

But yes, especially the prison camp in the Carraya system (which we already have) would be a great place to visit.
Captain
# 3
12-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post

The Phage is already cured ("Think Tank").
Who's to say that they have not repeated there mistake and have a new phague virus
Career Officer
# 4
12-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Who's to say that they have not repeated there mistake and have a new phague virus
What mistake?
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Is open to speculation since it was stated they had many clients but they couldn't have treated all the viidians. Plus the one researcher working on Torres said there wasn't anything to cure it or stop for the long term is why he was so facinated with Klingon DNA Nevertheless the virus which is known as the Phage inflicted them all as a race and odds are only a few out of many were cured and they more than likely stayed away from others of their race still carrying it to avoid loosing their new found cure

Edit: As stated they had made claims of curing the phage but they never offered any actual proof that they did

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 12-09-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
12-09-2012, 07:23 AM
It's certainly possible, but then again so is the Borg attacking the Alpha Quadrant with giant assimilated space dragons.

My gripe with this is that we have to make up convoluted explanations why it's basically necessary to reverse the Vidiians to what they were in a fashion that reminds me of King Tut from the old Batman series :
"Oh, he's gotten a bump on the head again, oh that means he's gonna be up to his old tricks...again."

While the Tink Tank had many clients, it's actually very bad business to claim you solved a problem only do it half-way.
This is especially true when you're doing it at the tremendous fees those people take.
And why would those guys be so stupid as to take an example where they actually failed to finish up their end of the bargain?
That's like BP making commericials advertizing their tremendous working place security on the Deepwater Horizon.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
It's certainly possible, but then again so is the Borg attacking the Alpha Quadrant with giant assimilated space dragons.

My gripe with this is that we have to make up convoluted explanations why it's basically necessary to reverse the Vidiians to what they were in a fashion that reminds me of King Tut from the old Batman series :
"Oh, he's gotten a bump on the head again, oh that means he's gonna be up to his old tricks...again."

While the Tink Tank had many clients, it's actually very bad business to claim you solved a problem only do it half-way.
This is especially true when you're doing it at the tremendous fees those people take.
And why would those guys be so stupid as to take an example where they actually failed to finish up their end of the bargain?
That's like BP making commericials advertizing their tremendous working place security on the Deepwater Horizon.
The same could be said about those mortgage companies too and look what happened Prime example in the Star Trek Universe is the Ferrengi LOL... Plus the think tank was all about it must be too good to be true it usually is too good to be true. Plus with the voyager time line it just doesn't add up that some mysterious group comes along and does what they couldn't do in 2,000 years
Career Officer
# 8
12-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree. What's the point in having 2 factions if what we get is copy-paste? Make people want to play the other faction to have a different view on things.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
The question is how far you can grow with that number in 32 years, even of we ignore 80+ years of inbreeding already underway on the ship.
Kang was pushing into over a century in DS9, Klingons can live well beyond a century and he was not the only one as Koloth and Kor were around in Kirk's time.

You get 2 generations, maybe 3 on that ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree as well.
In fact, I think there might be something there with the Hirogen and old KDF scores to settle with known Tal'Shiar members living in hiding. Maybe bounties are in order for civilians that living amongst the population, while weapon crates go missing at the warehouses.
I know one thing for sure, WARRIORS OF THE EMPIRE DO NOT RUN AROUND TAGGING BUNNIES!!!