Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Cryptic has no dev that even understands game balance. Even if they wanted to take this on, they don't have the talent to do it. Second problem is that they don't understand their own code. If you can't even change a simple Bo power like FAW or DPB to work correctly because their code is "too complex", how the he k could they pull this off?

I would invest, but not in cryptic. If another pvp oriented studio came in and made a completely seperate Sto pvp game, then I'd be in.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
See my thread on C-Store kickstarters as well as the November Ask Cryptic.

What if Cryptic would fund the development of projects for the game in a kickstarter system. Let's say they come out and say: "Sorry, we can't make money making new Klingon ships / PVP systems. We just don't make enough money from them to be worth it. Unless we see some serious commitment by the players - more than we can normally ask from them, these things will not be done."

And let's say they offer a PvP kickstarter. A development project after which end you'd get a new PvP mode and a rebalance of all existing items, ships and powers. If enough people commit to it and invest in the kickstarter, the project will launch. If not, it won't, you get your money/Zen back, and that's it. If it launches and completes, every player will have access to it, not just those that paid, of course (so you're not necessarily getting any special privileges here, just the chance to ensure something gets done you want to have in the game.)

Would you be willing to invest in such a kickstarter? Under what conditions would you invest?
No, I wouldn't. I don't trust Cryptic or PWE enough to give them money even if it's allegedly earmarked just for pvp. They'd just pocket the cash and leave things as they are.

STO is just a chat box. Nothing more. Quite literally anything else in the game has become mired behind a two bit azn grind knock off scheme that I want no part in it.

Ontop of that frankly, we've already been basically told "new maps are impossible!" by various devs. They can't even figure out how to put respawn points into a map anymore they are so inept.
Career Officer
# 13
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
It's nice we are all still very optimistic about the game's PvP future development.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
It's nice we are all still very optimistic about the game's PvP future development.
Fool us once, shame on cryptic, fool us for 2+ years, shame on us. To invest further into a company that has lied about pvp development up to this point would be a foolish decision.
Commander
# 15
12-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I would invest in an STO pvp only game if it were not Cryptic that was developing it, because of all the reasons MT and Mavhax have stated.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Rihannsu
# 16
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Every Season has been more profitable and better then the last season. The staff has doubled, they might have even gotten coffee cups. Thats at least the official story, with that in mind....

it's not a lack of funding that is keeping pvp development back. Gecko and stahl are to blame. no one else, once they go on to do other things, or a team is hired with the explicit responsibility for PvP things might turn for the better. iF they manage to stay with the company for more then a month in those positions that is. As far as i can tell, a kickstarted holds no promise to initiate the changes that would be necessary to stop the detoriating condition of STO pvp
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Id chip in IF

1 It would finally get the PVP people to stop moaning
2 It was not going to interfere with my own operations
3 No part of it was in anyway connected to reputation , starbases or anything else im involved with
4 Ideally it was Not open to ANY FTP people
Career Officer
# 18
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Id chip in IF

1 It would finally get the PVP people to stop moaning
2 It was not going to interfere with my own operations
3 No part of it was in anyway connected to reputation , starbases or anything else im involved with
4 Ideally it was Not open to ANY FTP people
I'd chip in if they promised to ban you, to be honest.

EDIT: I am aware that I am feeding the troll.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
You are EATING at the keyboard??

I offer to pay towards content I would never use and you insult me
AGAIN
Career Officer
# 20
12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
You are EATING at the keyboard??

I offer to pay towards content I would never use and you insult me
AGAIN
Actually, I believe I've shown remarkable restraint in the past in not insulting you before.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.