Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 251
12-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
You do take more damage while cloaked, in the sense that your shields are down. This is why it's usually suicide to cloak while under fire, unless you've got polarize hull, Brace for Impact and maybe 1 other good hull buff in place to keep you from getting eviscerated. The only other exception is when the attacking feddie is so inept that his weapons barely do damage.
Are you talking about Battle Cloak or regular cloak?

Ships under regular cloak do not take direct hull damage. As soon as it goes to Red Alert, the shields are up instantly. Which means, it's ups before the weapon fire even comes close to the hull.

That is one advantage to the regular cloak.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
# 252
12-10-2012, 11:21 AM
In planetside 2, the infiltrator has a cloaking device but when activated it starts a timer then runs out soon after, followed by a cool down period before it can be used again.

This is an idea.

Or you could get the adapted honour guard 3 part set and use its ABC/mask energy signature power.


/thread
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 253
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
the Defiant cloak fails EVERY week in Ds9
its frankly sub standard and a knock off
why should it even come close to a proper cloak
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 254
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Cryptic, I'll make you a deal. Move the cloak back to "built-in ability" instead of a console, just for the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit and without removing any console space, and I'll stop bothering you about battle cloaks.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 255
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Cryptic, I'll make you a deal. Move the cloak back to "built-in ability" instead of a console, just for the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit and without removing any console space, and I'll stop bothering you about battle cloaks.

I'm sorry, 1) what do you mean back to? It's always been a console 2.) why?

The Defiant is already a top escort. Any additional bonus to it it would make it completely unbalanced in all regards.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 12-10-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 256
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post

*EDIT, I do have a suspicion what the person in question will answer, let's see if I'm right*
Efforting this I as we speak. Compiling sources for what its worth as any evidence will most likely dismissed as non-canon if its not from onscreen, on TV or listed in Memory Alpha ior generally suits the fan notion of how things are.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,722
# 257
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Get in a B'rel or Hegh'ta if you want battlecloak. We need more Klingon pilots fighting Feds.

Ah, yeah, watch these videos for an idea of how to pilot one:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAA.../videos?view=0


^ On topic.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 258
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I'm sorry, 1) what do you mean back to? It's always been a console 2.) why?

The Defiant is already a top escort. Any additional bonus to it it would make it completely unbalanced in all regards.
It's always been that way on the fleet ship, but on the good old Vice Admiral tactical escort retrofit, it was originally a built-in ability that did not require a console. You could also buy that bad boy with a free token.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 259
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Are you talking about Battle Cloak or regular cloak?

Ships under regular cloak do not take direct hull damage. As soon as it goes to Red Alert, the shields are up instantly. Which means, it's ups before the weapon fire even comes close to the hull.

That is one advantage to the regular cloak.
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean.

While cloaked, your shields are down. It doesn't matter what kind of cloak you have, the shields are still down. Hence, being fired upon while actively cloaked (say, if someone sensor scans and detects you, or a sci ship has high enough AUX and you move too close, or the 2-3 other ways I've seen people detect me without actually decloaking me) will result in direct hits to the hull. In that way, you're vulnerable.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 260
12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the Defiant cloak fails EVERY week in Ds9
its frankly sub standard and a knock off
why should it even come close to a proper cloak
Because canon doesn't really mean much in this game. The game isn't really required to follow canon that closely. All they have to do is meet the guidelines set out by CBS/whatever other copyright holders they're working with.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.