Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Empire Veteran
# 41
12-10-2012, 11:27 AM
IMO the Bortasqu was just Fail and that's why I never once thought of buying any version of it.

I fly the Vo'Quv and IMO the Vo'Quv (a free Vessel) is far Superior to it in nearly every way.

Since we're using anlages to describe the Bortasqu I?ll offer up a quote made by WWE Legend Mr. Fuji when he was asked to describe the Ultimate Warrior and I think this sums up the Bortasqu for me.

"Very Big Mussels itty bitty Brain"

No matter how far back you throttle on the Bortasqu it cannot pivot turn like the Vo?Quv.

The Bortasqu is just a one trick one shot vessel that can only travel in a straight line and all the Feds have to do to when faced with one is turn left
Captain
# 42
12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i got the botasc and tryed it once realised that i just wasted a bucket load of cash on a crap ship. went back to my kar fi.

the reason i think they lost money on the bortac was its pure crap only a idiot would fly it.

as for not making money on other ships i dont bleive them for a second its just one reason one excuse as for why they are not providing for a faction.
i gave up hope long ago on them fixing or making ships for kdf it seems lockboxes are the only hope we got for any new good ships
No only an idiot would spend that much on the ship without knowing before hand if you had the skill and are specced to pilot a ship with low manuverability.

For those of us who can pilot it with no problem we are not idiots for giving up manuverability for being able to use the highest dps cruiser in game.

Let's keep the word 'idiot' out of our opinions, okay? It tends to rile people up, even when you're using it in a general sense. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-11-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Keeping things cool
Captain
# 43
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm not even sure what the last c-store ship for KDF was, but as I wouldn't be caught dead in those tanks from the c-store (bortask-whatever), and the rest are...not end game except the BoP (which isn't my cup of tea either).

The fleet ships are the first c-store (kinda) ships that I've seen since I started playing in march, and those are ALL overpriced because of the botched discount system cryptic setup for the upgrade modules. The ONLY ship I've purchased from the c-store was the fighter as it's the only one I can use.

They lost money because they didn't consider not every KDF player wants to fly a TANK or BoP.
Like I said i have heard the Fleet Vor'cha is a fantastic ship - only $20 million EC - much cheaper than lock-box ships.

I have gotta switch KDF fleets as mine is stuck going nowhere in tier 2 since after the 1st week of S7
Captain
# 44
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
They lost a purchase with me. I been waiting for a K'T'inga/D7 Refit to purchase from the C-store. But they made it into a "Fleet ship" instead. So there went a sell on their end.
Captain
# 45
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Like I said i have heard the Fleet Vor'cha is a fantastic ship - only $20 million EC - much cheaper than lock-box ships.

I have gotta switch KDF fleets as mine is stuck going nowhere in tier 2 since after the 1st week of S7
I did consider the fleet vorcha for my ENG toon, but after considering that he'd never see PvP, and at 2K ZEN for modules I quickly forgot about it.

My TAC is ready to go fleet Somraw, but am hoping for a module sale OR a fleet Pach in the NEAR future. Again 2000 ZEN for a toon unlock is INSANELY overpriced for a ship with no unique ability or console, so as PvP is so hosed ATM I figure I got time to consider my options.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 46
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
They lost a purchase with me. I been waiting for a K'T'inga/D7 Refit to purchase from the C-store. But they made it into a "Fleet ship" instead. So there went a sell on their end.
Yep, the 'fleet' pricing scheme is the main reason why I haven't bought any fleetships. Not even the Fleet Hoh'sus or the Fleet Somraw. I've spent that 2k on a universal console and a few other things, instead, because those are account-unlock.

I wouldn't mind the character-specific unlock if it weren't for the fact that the fleetships still cost an equivalent of 20 bucks without the discount. On top of that, the only BoP the KDF has in the C-store that was eligible is the B'rel retro (which they JUST released), and even that blasted thing doesn't seem worth 5 bucks, especially since you have to wait till Tier 5 to get it. . .it gets another engineering console, and it's still character-bound.

The Federation side might be full of complete saps willing to throw away money at any shiny toy that's presented to them, but the KDF tends to have a bit more in the way of intelligent consumers. We want ships that are actually worth spending that money on.
Captain
# 47
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Problem is I bet they are going to use the lack of KDF fleet ships sales as another reason not to produce any more C-store ships

Don't bother to debate the point - it's not that its a legit point - it's just the excuse that will be used.

"Mr Stahl will we see the KDF improved next year?"

Mr Stahl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Last edited by born2bwild1; 12-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
The funny part is, how did they lose money at all?

I know guys that can pump out MUCH more detailed ships, both textured AND modeled, in 3 or 4 days. I can think of some exceptionally nice Bridge Commander ships that were done casually in a few days..

So if we say a ship takes a week, that's 40 hours of work put into that ship. Now, I'm sure they don't pay their modelers an exceptional amount of money, let's be generous and say their modeling team makes $25.00 an hour.

That's $1,000 it took them to make the Bortasque.

Going to tell me they've sold less then 20 of the $50.00 packs?

That sounds like a horrible excuse..There's no way they'd lose money on virtual ships..Because it only costs them to make it once..
Empire Veteran
# 49
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
How can you lose money on a digital item? Aside from the time it take to code the ship (stat card basically) and make all the crazy graphics for it, it doesn't be made in a factory, doesn't use up inventory space in a warehouse and can be copied nearly infinitely. Any zen you buy still makes PWE richer, they would care if one item doesn't sell in any of their games. You could buy a million zen and have it sit in your wallet for all they care.
Captain
# 50
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
The funny part is, how did they lose money at all?

I know guys that can pump out MUCH more detailed ships, both textured AND modeled, in 3 or 4 days. I can think of some exceptionally nice Bridge Commander ships that were done casually in a few days..

So if we say a ship takes a week, that's 40 hours of work put into that ship. Now, I'm sure they don't pay their modelers an exceptional amount of money, let's be generous and say their modeling team makes $25.00 an hour.

That's $1,000 it took them to make the Bortasque.

Going to tell me they've sold less then 20 of the $50.00 packs?

That sounds like a horrible excuse..There's no way they'd lose money on virtual ships..Because it only costs them to make it once..
Businesses don't operate purely on a red/green margin when considering money lost. If you use one of your employees time to make a ship that sells for a $10,000 profit, when they could have used the same amount of time to design a ship that sells for $40,000 profit; that's a loss of $30,000.