Ensign
# 31
12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
For all you other NorCal Comcast people, I have had success with using the US proxy setting in the launcher options as a workaround for now. I set it up yesterday and haven't had any appreciable lag/rubberbanding/crashing since.
Ensign
# 32
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Now I connect from the Silicon Valley using Comcast, and was suffering from severe lag and server connection issues since last friday. As a temporary solution, I've found that setting the STO Client to use the US Proxy has greatly reduced the lag issue, enough so that once again STO is playable....

(Though the fact that using the US Proxy improves the issue shows that there is a serious peering issue between Comcast and Cogent Communications that needs to be addressed)
Same, except that I'm in Sacramento. But I'm also using Comcast, and once I set it to use the US proxy the game became playable again, I haven't had any appreciable lag/rubberbanding/crashes since.
Career Officer
# 33
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrfreckles82 View Post
For all you other NorCal Comcast people, I have had success with using the US proxy setting in the launcher options as a workaround for now. I set it up yesterday and haven't had any appreciable lag/rubberbanding/crashing since.
Glad to see this thread; I am having the same problems as everyone here (with Comcast in the Bay Area as well). These problems started after the latest patch (12/6/12) and has made playing a living hell. I had no lag issues till then.

I will definitely try the US proxy setting in the launcher and see if this alleviates the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ensign
# 34 Season 7 lag victim
12-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Since the Season 7 patch the game has been unplayable for me. I am also in NorCal and have Xfinity internet. Other games run fine. Has anyone from Cryptic addressed the issue aside from telling us to ping their servers?
Career Officer
# 35
12-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Now I connect from the Silicon Valley using Comcast, and was suffering from severe lag and server connection issues since last friday. As a temporary solution, I've found that setting the STO Client to use the US Proxy has greatly reduced the lag issue, enough so that once again STO is playable....

(Though the fact that using the US Proxy improves the issue shows that there is a serious peering issue between Comcast and Cogent Communications that needs to be addressed)
Thanks, it's working better, but still kinda laggy. It's a playable game! Small victories.
[Insert Clever Signature Here]
Captain
# 36
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggsto View Post
Since the Season 7 patch the game has been unplayable for me. I am also in NorCal and have Xfinity internet. Other games run fine. Has anyone from Cryptic addressed the issue aside from telling us to ping their servers?
They "address" it by blaming everyone but themselves.
Lieutenant
# 37 samething
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
im in the Ca bay area and im getting the same thing, is was ok at 1st but over the past 2 days i cant even play and when i do log in i cant even log out... im hoping its just a patch thing that will be fixed but that means no free ship for me
Cryptic Studios Team
# 38
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Cryptic and PWE can confirm that this issue is occurring, and it is being investigated by our technical personnel to try to track down where the problem is. It's not yet clear if this is an issue on Cryptic's side, Comcast's side, or some intermediate provider.

To restate what other people said in the thread, traffic sourced from Comcast in California to our Boston data center seems to be afflicted by some network issue that causes intermittent gameplay glitches.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to come to the forums and report this issue, and I'm sorry that you're having this disruption. I hope that we can offer some sort of resolution soon, but it may become the case that this is an issue outside of our immediate control; in that case, we'll have to decide what we can do.

In the near term, enabling one of the proxy settings in the Launcher may temporarily improve the gameplay experience. Note that you don't usually want to use proxies once the issue has been resolved, since they tend to be somewhat slower than connecting directly to our servers.
Career Officer
# 39
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I had lag in picking up loot in stf's last night keep wanting to time out

would freezeze at gateway and tactical cube
Career Officer
# 40
12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Please investigate beaming down to New Romulus -- it crashes about 20-25% of the time for me.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)