Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Being dead is not exactly a problem for obi wan in eps V and VI.

If he is somewhat important to the story, then he could come back in a ghost form.

mace, thats much harder to do and i was never that impressed with jackson's portrayal, although how much that was lucas and his cumbersome dialogue or jackson's overly wooden performance, i dont know.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 12
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
You know what I would do? I would give Jackson the Han Solo treatment, and have him frozen in Carbonite. Seeing how we don't really know what happened to him, after he went flying out the window to what was a certain death. You can write in a ton of events that could have him still alive. I tossed in the Carbonite freezing to explain why he would still be about the say age.

Why not write in a story that had any suriving Jedi the Empire found frozen as a trophy piece in his places somewhere. They would be other high ranked Jedi, and maybe why Yoda did feel them still connected to the force.

Just a thought.
Republic Veteran
# 13
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see them back. Obi-Wan was a ghost in two of the three original films and I can totally envision a scene in which Obi-Wan has to convince Luke to train "the new batch". In the EU we know Mace didn't die, beyond that I actually know very little. A handless crazy old man living in the woods would definitely be a role Sam Jackson can pull off and it'd be cool character development for Master Windu.

Bring them both back in cameo roles and have Harrison Ford and Mark Hamil as supporting roles and we got ourselves half a cast

Absolutely, 100% no to Carrie Fisher though. She, much like Bill Shatner in Trek, has no place anymore in the new movies
THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
Captain
# 14
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Jackson played the same character he plays in every movie. I'd really rather not see him, or anyone from either existing trilogy. If they're gonna start anew, start anew. Its a big galaxy.
Republic Veteran
# 15
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Jackson played the same character he plays in every movie. I'd really rather not see him, or anyone from either existing trilogy. If they're gonna start anew, start anew. Its a big galaxy.
Normally I'd agree, but you at least need an old Luke to set up the new Jedi Order
THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
Captain
# 16
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
Normally I'd agree, but you at least need an old Luke to set up the new Jedi Order
True. Maybe go Legacy-era, with Force-Ghost Master Skywalker?
Captain
# 17
12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
mace, thats much harder to do and i was never that impressed with jackson's portrayal, although how much that was lucas and his cumbersome dialogue or jackson's overly wooden performance, i dont know.
Cumbersome Dialog. Not even the power of Morgan Freeman, Keith David, Brian Blessed, or Julie Andrews could make those lines sound good.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.