Career Officer
# 21
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Yay, but why does my kdf captain have 90 points in Diplomacy?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
The bridge officer viewer is AWESOME

edit: I think the boff viewer has a limit - I have a ton of boffs and it's not showing them all. Still, awesome!

Last edited by matthian1701; 12-10-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Eh. I still can't past the login screen with either Internet Explorer or Chrome. The login screen still says beta, so I assume there's still a lot of work to do.
Empire Veteran
# 24
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I am wondering if the usefulness of this is more than just something to further addiction to those who are employed so they can look at their STO characters while at work lol.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Can I use this on my Vita?
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran, Beta Tester 
NO TO ARC!!!
Career Officer
# 26
12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Under maintainence and there are security sign-in issues *no secure protection when signing in*
Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T2.0, Tac 2, Eng 1.5 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Captain
# 27
12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Is it just me, or is there no sound?

My character's "full name" is their display name, whereas their actual full name (1st, middle last) is displayed below the picture.

We really need the option to have our BOs use the MACO uniforms. Even though in game my BOs have the MACO visuals, they're displayed in Gateway with their regular uniform.

There should be a way to edit biographies if you so desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarper View Post
Under maintainence and there are security sign-in issues *no secure protection when signing in*
I had to enter my password, and use the cryptic account guard thingy that sent a code to my email.

Last edited by felderburg; 12-10-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Rihannsu
# 28
12-11-2012, 04:18 AM
The Gateway is very kewl, but I wanted to ask for a couple additional features while it's still in development. Just to get this out of the way first; I did not read the entire thread before posting this, so if this has been brought up before I apologize.

First, we used to have access to our Logs on the webpage. Since that feature of the main site was removed I've missed not having access, and the ability to write logs, from outside the game. If this could be incorporated into the Gateway... I'd be extremely pleased.

Secondly, if we could have the ability to allow guests to view our Gateway that could be helpful too. Some of us spend a lot of time writing backgrounds and details about our captains and bridge officers, it would be very neat to have the ability to share that with other players. Granted, this type of guest access would have to be limited, we wouldn't want random people changing the stuff we'd written. I suppose it'd need to be closer to WoW's armory in that regard... still... something like this would be awesome.

That's all I've got at the moment. Thank you for the work you guys have done thus far. The Gateway is a neat feature.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarper View Post
Something loads using https, I looked at the source, but it's isn't clear what bit of the page it is.

You can always add the https: in front to be safe, but if it automatically did that (redirected page if not there already) it would be more obvious.

Sending username and password unencrypted would make me rage ... and I don't rage!
Rihannsu
# 30
12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'll add this to the "known issues" section in the feedback and bugs threads -- a fix is in the pipeline that will have the Gateway always show your ship.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This problem exists in-game, too. When you click 'info' on someone, it often shows their active shuttle, even if they're in a starship.