Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok, so here is some new info:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/alic...d-robot-visit/

Regarding the name "John Harrison", that was actually a crew member of the Enterprise in the episode "Space Seed" where Khan was found. So its is very likely that either Khan or one of his crew killed the real John Harrison and infiltrated Starfleet in his place.
Lieutenant
# 12
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Or they are just trying to throw off those of us who try to extrapolate info.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
No doubt. Much the same way the tried(and failed) to throw off people with a press release that Marion Cotillard would be playing a character named "Miranda Tate" in Dark Knight Rises, when her true identity in the movie was actually Ra's Al Ghul's daughter Talia.

However, the fact remains that we have a bad buy with superhuman strength, and he is going by the name of a character from the episode where they found Khan. They would have to think people are pretty dense not to see any connection.
Captain
# 14
12-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
Or is a huge prank on old school Trek fans because they know we'll go over it like it's the Zapruder Film.

By the way, the Jefferson quote in your sig wasnt among his writings and is most likely one of many fake quotes attributed to him by people trying to improve the status of their arguments to a low information audience. You should probably change it to avoid embarrassment.
# 15
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Ok, so here is some new info:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/alic...d-robot-visit/

Regarding the name "John Harrison", that was actually a crew member of the Enterprise in the episode "Space Seed" where Khan was found. So its is very likely that either Khan or one of his crew killed the real John Harrison and infiltrated Starfleet in his place.
I'm fairly certain that if any of that info pans out this movie will be a train wreck in the most fantastic way...

It really does look like a Kahn story (if not them trying to redo WoK completely...) I dont know what to think...
Career Officer
# 16
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Sounds like to me that they did the movie and then thought about a name for the bad guy.

Then someone high up said: "I know, lets pull it out of a hat!"
Captain
# 17
12-11-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Sounds like to me that they did the movie and then thought about a name for the bad guy.

Then someone high up said: "I know, lets pull it out of a hat!"
You mean like:

"We need a plot!"

"I know... super nova that could destroy the galaxy! Blackhole time travel!"

I think that just how JJ and co. operate for their movies... pull words out of a hat and put them together.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Either way his career is over
He will never be able to do straight acting again
After all he is now working with simon pegg (a pure comedy actor incapable of serious roles)

Anyone appearing in a JJ trek is forever pegged as spoofs only
Captain
# 19
12-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Either way his career is over
He will never be able to do straight acting again
After all he is now working with simon pegg (a pure comedy actor incapable of serious roles)

Anyone appearing in a JJ trek is forever pegged as spoofs only
Who's career? Cumberbatch's? He'll be fine... he's got 2 seasons of Sherlock behind him and one coming up.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
12-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Won't be a third now
The film will type cast him as a comedy bad guy