Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Not at all true.

Firstly, all my characters have a subspace field mod.
Second would you rather be in random green and blue ship parts or a jem hadar set ?
Plus the actual skins of the sets from the episodes not counting their stats are worth going after.

Then of course you have the ship weapons you can pick from certain missions too, which if you don't have any EC's, are actually quite great weapons.
Granted though it takes heart to play the same mission 6 times in a row to gear your ship but it's free.

If he is sitting there with little exp and no EC's what would he use the repuation system for.
Career Officer
# 12
12-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Reality is your ship equipment being blue from episodes is not important. Learning how to set up your ship and play the game is 90%, you can buy dirt cheap blue equipment off the exchange and unlock level X set gear quickly from reputation missions.
Captain
# 13
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Why should he unlock reputation gear if stats aren't important ?

True, end-game doesn't require all purple gear but go below a certain threshold in stats and it won't matter how well you know the game.

And for that the space sets from episodes are great. Not only do they look great but they are free.
Captain
# 14
12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I mainly just play with my friends i made on here. We hang out, shoot some things. We RP our adventures. We try to peak our builds, and take on players and NPCs alike.

Most of all, We have fun.

There is alot of things to do. That is the cool thing about MMOs. They never really end until the sever shuts down.