Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Actually, I believe I've shown remarkable restraint in the past in not insulting you before.
ohh havent we all?!
Srsly the day trollvax has something intelligent to contribute to...well, anything...i will..., oh forget it, won't happen anyway.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 22
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I did that here:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

No reason to throw good $ after bad w/the mgt here. Better to go w/those who've built a solid reputation.
Commander
# 23
12-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
I did that here:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

No reason to throw good $ after bad w/the mgt here. Better to go w/those who've built a solid reputation.
Except here it's not been "good money" since season, um, 2? That was a long, long time ago.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 24
12-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Kickstart....Please i would pay for an attempt to Kickemballz. They fooled me with a LTS and countless C-store/Zen dollars So i wouldn't give them a dime on something they promised.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
ohh havent we all?!
Srsly the day trollvax has something intelligent to contribute to...well, anything...i will..., oh forget it, won't happen anyway.
Are you sure you two aren't related??
Commander
# 26
12-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I thought that was basically what I did when I paid for a monthly subscription and eventually bought my lifetime account (just before they confirmed they were going to go F2P). I thought that was what I did when I invested my time and energy in testing on tribble and providing feedback on the forums.

I want nothing but great things for this game. The vast untapped potential keeps me moderately hopeful.

I do, however, reject the notion that we should pay to get them to support a feature they advertised when they sold us the game. PvPers already spend money and participate in the mainstream parts of the game. PvEers don't have to pay to play. Why should we? PvP is being treated like an after thought when it should be treated as a resource to appeal to a larger audience. Cryptic needs to diversify rather than putting everything into the PvE basket.

When we donate money to a charity at work, often times we can name the one we want to receive that money. I would be interested in filling out a short survey or suggestion card with each z-store purchase to tell them what portion of the game I'd be more interested in seeing my money support.

Last edited by stevehale; 12-10-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: It is good to see you back on the forums, by the way. :)
Career Officer
# 27
12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I want somebody to fix geko's understanding about ballance. Them maybe well have some good pvp start.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2012, 02:56 AM
I've given Cryptic/PWE enough of my money for the past two years hoping for good PVP and lead astray. I will not be giving anymore. I stopped playing after seeing what a joke the New Romulus (Farmville) Adventure Zone was. They did however offer me a free Enterprise Era uniform unlock to come back(lol). Obviously im not their target audience and it's pretty much a given most of you in this forum are not as well. I appreciate your love for Star Trek everyone but it really is not enough to keep me PVPing in this game as I am not a masochist. I've been around almost two years so I don't need to elaborate on what would keep me in PVP as it's pretty much the same reason as other vet players have called it quits for the time being. If Stahl and company put in some try hard effort in regards to PVP I would be more than willing to dip my toes into the sandbox again on a more regular basis. *Drops mic* im out
Lieutenant
# 29
12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
why should we kickstart something as big as PVP with obvious benefits to the game as a whole? PVP shouldn't be a kickstart this should be something that they should've invested in.

PVP helps with endgame content, drives the in game economy, provides zen sales.
Career Officer
# 30
12-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthetopsigh View Post
why should we kickstart something as big as PVP with obvious benefits to the game as a whole? PVP shouldn't be a kickstart this should be something that they should've invested in.

PVP helps with endgame content, drives the in game economy, provides zen sales.
If Cryptic believed this to be true and working,wouldn't they have long done something like that?

They had how many years now to make PvP great?
Forget for a moment that this is Startrek Online PvP.

Imagine some game company would launch a "Startrek - The Fall of Khitomer" Online Game that focuses on a war breaking out in the Alpha Quadrant. They promise to launch a game focusing on a war between Klingon and Federation, and stretch goals also include Romulans, Breen, Cardassians and Dominion Troops, and maybe a Borg, Specias 8742 and Iconians as PvE factions.

They have a reasonable good looking engine for a free to play title and intersting game mechanics. And they have the license basically guaranteed as long as they can get the kickstarter off. Would you consider it?

If you're saying "Only if it's not Cryptic" - fair enough.