Captain
# 21
12-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Won't be a third now
The film will type cast him as a comedy bad guy
I think you're being a little pessimistic.

For all we know, this is the movie that ends up pushing the Abramsverse up to proper Trek standards.

Hey...it's possible.
Captain
# 22
12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
J.J. Abrams is a master of keeping secrets around plot elements and lying about them to the point where it stops being fun and becomes irritating and anticlimactic, especially when the reveal turns into one giant ass-pull that makes no ******n sense. But his talent for misdirection is not something we should forget about.

John Harrison is a fake name to throw us off, because there would be no reason to hide it until now if it was going to be a character that Trek fans don't know or give a crap about.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 12-11-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 23
12-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Alice Eve is playing Carol Marcus after all. JJ seems to be going for WOK visual cues while pulling ideas from... wherever he gets them.
----
Empire Veteran
# 24
12-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Won't be a third now
The film will type cast him as a comedy bad guy
This from the guy who believed that all manga was directed at children...

So yeah, that's not a serious suggestion that we'll take in stride. Nothing ever changes that drastically overnight anyway, or with a single film; it takes awhile.

And on topic, the blond woman is Carol Marcus, according to that article Hmm... that doesn't spell a lot of things out, does it? Throwing us off, I'm sure with the John Harrison name
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Empire Veteran
# 25
12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Though I have found Karl Urban saying our villian might be Gary Mitchell It's not confirmed by the prodcution team yet, but I'm not surprised, and the article does say Karl could be messing with us

Seen here: http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/07/09/star...lain-revealed/

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
This from the guy who believed that all manga was directed at children...
some of you would not know sarcasm if it shot you in the ear with a type II phaser

Quote:
So yeah, that's not a serious suggestion that we'll take in stride. Nothing ever changes that drastically overnight anyway, or with a single film; it takes awhile.
you think?
Well You are wrong
one bad movie can ruin your career

And on topic, the blond woman is Carol Marcus, according to that article Hmm... that doesn't spell a lot of things out, does it? Throwing us off, I'm sure with the John Harrison name

So she is presumably Twice kirks age and will kick him in the groin when he makes a pass
"Go away child I only date middle aged men with a slight paunch"
Captain
# 27
12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
So she is presumably Twice kirks age and will kick him in the groin when he makes a pass
Or, JJ just doesn't give a damn about getting anything right in the Trek verse anymore and is slapping a name from (arguably) one of the best Trek films to try and put more asses in seats.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I hope one day he meets the spirit of The Great bird in the Great beyond and gets given a quantum wedgie
Empire Veteran
# 29
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
some of you would not know sarcasm if it shot you in the ear with a type II phaser

you think?
Well You are wrong
one bad movie can ruin your career

And just like with the manga conversation, twist what we're saying until it's in your favor Which doesn't help your case (and it's a well-known way of avoiding intelligent conversation on these forums)

And open your eyes: Carol is just as young as Kirk is in that teaser. You can't say otherwise when it's that blatantly obvious

Survivor of Romulus
# 30
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
And just like with the manga conversation, twist what we're saying until it's in your favor Which doesn't help your case (and it's a well-known way of avoiding intelligent conversation on these forums)

What Im saying IS intelligent
you can tell because it does not say

"Me UG me Hit JJ BIG Rock him crunch"

Quote:
And open your eyes: Carol is just as young as Kirk is in that teaser. You can't say otherwise when it's that blatantly obvious
so its not carol marcus (older than the REAL kirk in chronology)
must be her niece

Anyway kirk needs slapping down
he is not "Gods gift to women" he is someone who was fast track promoted without graduation and thus is not even an OFFICER yet