Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 51
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Have you got the book??

if so please re-read it and tell me where in it you find
"im not sure its a sword exactly more of a letter opener"
Radagast appearing other than a mention
The Great Goblin being the size of a troll
ANY of the Dwarves being a "warrior hero" they are coal miners
A quest to reclaim the homeland? its a burglary

and thats all from one trailer

Sollvax, for God's sake, the one law of book-to-movie transtitions is that they're NEVER the exact same. Books aren't naturally suited to the big screen; that's why they make changes.

And it's one trailer, not the whole movie; you can't make assumptions this early. For the Hobbit or Into Darkness
How about adding in legolas?


let me put this in terms you can grasp

suppose I make a film about The American civil war

And the South wins
The north uses jet fighters
and Abraham lincoln is portrayed by Adam Sandler??

And at the begining it says "A True story"

im sick of seeing things MURDERED by third rate movies
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,977
# 52
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Take it from an old Troll who has been around...

...You're not even doing it well.



Folks, there's no sense in trying to bring this particular JJ-Atheist into the fold...

He's just feeding off your attempts and growing less-intelligent with each post.



You go right on believing all the drivel you've typed son, cause in the scheme of things, you've done nothing but harm your own credibility.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 53
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
don't call him a troll

and please take the slightly twisted cartoon out of your sig
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 54
12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Take it from an old Troll who has been around...

...You're not even doing it well.



Folks, there's no sense in trying to bring this particular JJ-Atheist into the fold...

He's just feeding off your attempts and growing less-intelligent with each post.



You go right on believing all the drivel you've typed son, cause in the scheme of things, you've done nothing but harm your own credibility.
And sadly, that whole post is more valuable than anything he's said today

Sorry sollvax, but we're not gonna reply to a troll, starting with the end of this post. Hope you enjoy your misguided opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
don't call him a troll

and please take the slightly twisted cartoon out of your sig
Oh... my... god...

P.S. he didn't mean me
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,265
# 55
12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
JJ
He will not allow Kirk to become a Daddy it would ruin his edgy "metro" appeal
Probably not, but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
yes and they HATED it in many cases
I know people who took their kids to it hoping to make them trekies and then went home and threw away their collections of memorabilia
If the Abrams movie caused them to throw away their Trek stuff, I'd say they probably weren't real fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
it made less than $2 on the $1 (so hollywood wisdom calls it a flop)
Doesn't sound like wisdom to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Any time line that is disrupted eventually collapses
Do you have a precedent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
he is number three on my "characters who need to die forever " list
Fair enough, that's your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
there are certain laws of trek
Example beautiful women ALWAYS fall for the handsome hero
Someone on a landing party always violates the religious taboo Etc
Who says that applies to alternate timelines? For all we know, there are alternate timelines of every parallel universe we saw in "Parallels".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Have you got the book??

if so please re-read it and tell me where in it you find
"im not sure its a sword exactly more of a letter opener"
Radagast appearing other than a mention
The Great Goblin being the size of a troll
ANY of the Dwarves being a "warrior hero" they are coal miners
A quest to reclaim the homeland? its a burglary

and thats all from one trailer
Haven't read the book yet, but I'm planning to. It'll be interesting to compare it to the movie.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 56
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
JJ
He will not allow Kirk to become a Daddy it would ruin his edgy "metro" appeal

Probably not, but you never know.
He has already said he sees kirk as "young brash free wheeling with no ties"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
yes and they HATED it in many cases
I know people who took their kids to it hoping to make them trekies and then went home and threw away their collections of memorabilia

If the Abrams movie caused them to throw away their Trek stuff, I'd say they probably weren't real fans.
Some people now mourn for the Real Scotty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
it made less than $2 on the $1 (so hollywood wisdom calls it a flop)

Doesn't sound like wisdom to me.
Most expensive film in the canon
smallest profit margin
it bombed


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Any time line that is disrupted eventually collapses

Do you have a precedent?
pretty much every time travel story in trekdom?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
he is number three on my "characters who need to die forever " list

Fair enough, that's your opinion.
yes and thats all any of us have


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
there are certain laws of trek
Example beautiful women ALWAYS fall for the handsome hero
Someone on a landing party always violates the religious taboo Etc

Who says that applies to alternate timelines? For all we know, there are alternate timelines of every parallel universe we saw in "Parallels".
I pray not


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Have you got the book??

if so please re-read it and tell me where in it you find
"im not sure its a sword exactly more of a letter opener"
Radagast appearing other than a mention
The Great Goblin being the size of a troll
ANY of the Dwarves being a "warrior hero" they are coal miners
A quest to reclaim the homeland? its a burglary

and thats all from one trailer

Haven't read the book yet, but I'm planning to. It'll be interesting to compare it to the movie.
the problem is they are trying to spread a book shorter than any of the trilogy into three films
AND turn it into an action film
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
# 57
12-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Stop feeding the creature under the bridge.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 58
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kexx062782 View Post
Stop feeding the creature under the bridge.
This

Meanwhile, I'll continue rolling my eyes... 'smallest profit margin', my ass. 384mil is more than double it's budget, and that's what it made
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 59
12-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Im not

now stop calling people names and show some respect for others
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 60
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
This

Meanwhile, I'll continue rolling my eyes... 'smallest profit margin', my ass. 384mil is more than double it's budget, and that's what it made
yes just over $2 on the $1
thats a SMALL margin
look up what the good films made
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 AM.