Starfleet Veteran
# 31
12-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Looks great !! I did notice that one of the characters I created on Tribble is appearing as an extra character on Holodeck in Gateway. This may be why there are some reports of people having characters that they don't remember having or deleted - they got transferred from Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Awesome!

I'll be sure to test it and provide any feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-11-2012, 08:38 AM
From looks of it ,this is STO's "armory " . a Few remarks after first access :

- how would you link builds ( in chat or otherwise ) without compromising - in any way- security ? That's one of the main features of the aforementioned armory

- ability to check stats-change if you were to change skillpoints/gear would be useful

- personal shields/armor/weapons/kits are not showing for me

elaborating a bit more on how to use it ( write a blog ) would be useful .Great start though...
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
This is a very cool "something extra" for players - thanks! A lot of fun, and definitely brings on the dorkgasm for this Trek geek.

One thing, though: it's showing an extra toon for me as well - but one that I never had at any point. Anyone missing a character? Ha! Thing is, this one isn't even a Tribble toon. Anyone else have a "bonus" (or missing) toon that isn't associated with Tribble?

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)

Last edited by clannmac; 12-11-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Lieutenant
# 35
12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Looks good. Though I wont have any reason to use it until I can use my Doff and Reputation through it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36 Not kool
12-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Is it cryptics intention to allow anyone to see what we are useing for skills,weapons and defenses. As a pvp player i do not like this....simply replace ur name and @ handle in the address bar with that of who u would like to inspect and wa la you know what his strengths and weakness are...not kool cryptic not kool...

has this been addressed...

as gateway only works on and of for me...but tested only a few days ago by a DEV

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
12-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'll add this to the "known issues" section in the feedback and bugs threads -- a fix is in the pipeline that will have the Gateway always show your ship.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That's great, Brandon, but please let them know that this may very likely be in direct connection to the bug Season 7 introduced with the integrated Starship/Shuttle ship selection. It is this UI change that I believe is one of the prime culprits of the plethora of UI glitches that has appeared since season's launch.

While it's nice that they fixed the interface bug that had mistakenly shown your chosen shuttle's name in place of your active starship's name, character info (when you click another player character and click the little "i" button next to the portrait) still shows you in command of your shuttle. I'm fairly confident this is why Gateway is defaulting to showing our shuttles instead of our starships.
Career Officer
# 38
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Should we be concerned that it's not on a secure connection?
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 39
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
The personnel files don't note anything about who the first officer, chief engineer, etc. are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinrtb View Post
Is it cryptics intention to allow anyone to see what we are useing for skills,weapons and defenses. As a pvp player i do not like this....simply replace ur name and @ handle in the address bar with that of who u would like to inspect and wa la you know what his strengths and weakness are...not kool cryptic not kool...

has this been addressed...

as gateway only works on and of for me...but tested only a few days ago by a DEV
I tried doing what you said with another player, and it didn't work. That being said, we should definitely be allowed to see other players' bios, at the very least.

Last edited by felderburg; 12-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Should we be concerned that it's not on a secure connection?
Only if the data isn't sent over HTTPS. You can have an HTTP page it items (in the code) set to HTTPS. Some part was, but I don't know enough to know what.

To be safe, add the HTTPS: yourself and make a bookmark to that so you don't forget.

---

When Doffing becomes a part of this, this is how I'd want it to work.

I'd like your missions to match the location you are at in game. Then if you want to move to a different sector, you would select a location, and 'fly' there, probably via a timer. Timer could be tied to warp speed. This would then change your location in game.

I would imagine that you couldn't be logged in to do that, but if you could be on your bridge, that would be so sweet!

Imagine being on your bridge, doing stuff, and telling it where to go via map, either in-game or from Gateway. That would be sweet. It would just have to change where you came out at when you exited bridge.