Lt. Commander
# 71
12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
So the native language of the klingons is welsh?
The planet Bajor is inhabited by Daleks??

NO anything prior to the time break remains constant
so Carol marcus remains a scientist and OLDER than kirk (not to mention smarter)
okay this has been itching at me for about an hour now. WHO says that Carol is older than kirk? ive seen WOK many many times and no where do i recall mention of Dr. Marcus being older than James Kirk.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Survivor of Romulus
# 72
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
You're still forgetting WOK only happened many years after the time break's date Carol Marcus and Kirk were as old as we saw them because time had passed.

In Into Darkness, that hasn't happened yet, and never will. We're seeing a first meeting, not a sudden reconciling

Get your facts straight before you try and sell me them
there will be no wrath of khan now
This is the "first contact" where they meet and connect
she should be a MINIMUM of 30 years old ideally almost 40
Kirk should be mid thirties

But there will now Not be a Genesis
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
okay, now this is according to Memory Alpha now. James Kirk was born in 2233. his fling with Carol Marcus began in the late 2250's-early 2260's and David Marcus was born in 2261. Therefore James kirk would have been about 28 when David was born. Which would make this right about the same time. If he is between 25-30 right now, the fling with Carol would be just beginning if not has already begun.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.

Last edited by joshl7889; 12-11-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: got my year wrong the first time
Survivor of Romulus
# 74
12-11-2012, 12:24 PM
But he isn't

and memory alpha is a WIKI

Your figures incidentally are wrong (and impossible)
He would be fathering a child before he was born
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
But he isn't

and memory alpha is a WIKI

Your figures incidentally are wrong (and impossible)
He would be fathering a child before he was born
and u have yet to explain to me WHERE it states that Carol is older than Kirk. and idk wat u r talking about him fathering a child b4 he was born. he was born in 2233....david in 2261. HELLO!!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 76
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
and u have yet to explain to me WHERE it states that Carol is older than Kirk. and idk wat u r talking about him fathering a child b4 he was born. he was born in 2233....david in 2261. HELLO!!!!!
let it go, please

he lives in his own little world and opinion, and nothing we have said has phased him, including facts and truth that he refuses to acknowledge... just move on
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 77
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Are you guys done yet?

Between solivax's closed-mindedness and everyone else's name-calling, I'm seriously tempted to unsubscribe this thread and never return. And I'm the OP, so that's saying something.

Star Trek is a franchise. It's awesome, but never lose sight of the fact that its reason for existing is to generate profit. If the powers-that-be think the best way to generate profit is to reboot it, then fine. As long as they tell decent stories, I'm happy to spend my money on them. And I, in my personal opinion, consider the Abrams movie a decent story.

That is all.

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 12-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
The greatest mystery in Star Trek lore is how the hell Sollvax still has access to this forum...
Survivor of Romulus
# 79
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
same way you do

and we both know that he mistyped the date so that kirk was born in the 24th not the 23rd Centuries

Either way JJ's kirk is a cadet and acts and looks like a teenager
Carol is still supposed to be an ADULT
Rihannsu
# 80
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Memory Beta says Carol Marcus was born in the 2230s. That's the only reference anywhere I can find to her age. That also puts her, at most, 3 years older than Kirk.