Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 91
12-11-2012, 01:35 PM
As of this post, I will no longer be reading any posts made by Sollvax, as he has made no positive contribution to the discussion. However I will be reading and responding to others who do so. Who else is with me?

PS: to avoid confusion, I will also not bother reading posts that are direct replies to his.

Last edited by betawatcher; 12-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 92
12-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Go ahead boycott the guy who isn't agreeing with JJ

No one cares anyway
However when this movie also bombs
not my fault
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,277
# 93
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
However when this movie also bombs
not my fault
I thought the theme of Star Trek was to be optimistic about the future?

"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 94
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I am optomistic
I hope the film bombs and someone else makes some proper Trek again
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 95
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
All in favor or marooning mr negative on the nearest habitable planet and warping away say I....... *raise hand* IIIIIII
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,486
# 96
12-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
And my character (and yours, and everyones) were lowly Ensigns given command of a starship because desperate times called for desperate measures.

Kirk helped save the Earth. I think that probably got him a passing grade in whatever classes he had left to do. Even the Kobiyashi Maru.
Uh... Nope... Here's the service record for my character of the same name up to the point of reaching command rank:

Service Record
Assignment History
2353  Starfleet Academy Basic Training
2353-54 Starfleet Academy Freshman Cadet
2354-55 Starfleet Academy Sophomore Cadet
2355-56 USS Harrington Midshipman
2356  Starfleet Academy Senior Cadet (Engineering Division)
2357  USS Pegasus Engineering Technician - Ens
2357  USS Pegasus Engineering Consultant - Lt
2357  Starfleet Intelligence Operative Assigned to Bajoran-Cardassian Occupation -Lt
2360  Starfleet Intelligence Operative - Lt.Cmdr
2362  Project Xander Designer/Test Pilot - Cmdr
2363  USS Akira Commanding Officer Shakedown Cruise - Cmdr
2363  USS Akira Commanding Officer - Capt


Picard jumped a few grades on his route to the Captain's Chair in an almost plausible way, but the idea of a cadet on academic suspension being given command of a starship...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 97
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Where I would meet Scotty
Make a near impossible long range warp speed transport onto the ship
relieve you of command
we would then become best friends and "frat brothers" and have to double date with Uhura and the Green chick
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 98
12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Picard jumped a few grades on his route to the Captain's Chair in an almost plausible way, but the idea of a cadet on academic suspension being given command of a starship...
I'm sure the fact that he saved the planet while in the role of acting Captain had nothing to do with it
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,715
# 99
12-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
As of this post, I will no longer be reading any posts made by Sollvax, as he has made no positive contribution to the discussion. However I will be reading and responding to others who do so. Who else is with me?
Most people on this thread
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,277
# 100
12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I am optomistic
I hope the film bombs and someone else makes some proper Trek again
As much as I disagree...that was an awesome comeback.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.