Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
# 1 Been almost two years now
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
When will the bug that keeps uncloaking my ship every time a communication window pops up be fixed?

The bug has existed since the patch of 1/11/11 and even though Cryptic knows this is broken we have yet to see a fix. I'd like to know why it hasn't been addressed and if there is a fix anytime in the near future, or are we going to have to wait another two years? I'd appreciate some answers on this.

This IS a bug...cloaking IS NOT working correctly. Before that patch communication windows did not uncloak our ships. At one time Cryptic did acknowledge that it was broken. A short time later we were told it was fixed. Clearly it hasn't been fixed as we all still experience the problem. What gives??

If the shows were like this the episode on TNG where Data and Picard go to Romulus to find Spock, and they are in orbit of Romulus (in a Bird of Prey) and a communication from Riker comes in did the BOP get uncloaked? Of course not...if they did it would have been the end of Data and Picard. Just like its the end of me at Kerrat every time a window pops up at the end of the mission and I proceed to get ganked.

Last edited by ensignswenson; 12-11-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Cloaking has been broken since the patch of 01-11-11 & I too am very curious if this issue is ever going to be addressed. You do not get uncloaked because a comm window pops up, period. I can just see Piccard & Data getting obliterated orbiting Romulus when Riker replied to Datas' "piggy backed" message to him. The series would have ended there, not when it did if you got uncloaked every time you open or receive communications. Cloaking is supposed to be an advantage, hence the term "cloaking". When will this issue be fixed Cryptic?
Career Officer
# 3
12-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't remember where at the moment, but I'm pretty sure awhile back I saw a dev post stating that it is working as intended. I.E. they WANT your ship to decloak when using dialog boxes.

Seems dumb to me, and I remember a LOT of rage at that. Hopefully they reverse their decision, or I'm remembering incorrectly :/
__________________________________________________ ____________

Career Officer
# 4
12-18-2012, 05:04 AM
you are remembering correctly

dStahl himself said it is working as intended.

in fact that has become a running gag since back then, every time anything is broken somebody in the chat will say "working as intended".

Career Officer
# 5
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Lol yes working as intended and going against canon yet again, we all remember General Chang hailing the Enterprise whilst cloaked... so lets not try to argue that forcing people to decloak in order to transmit a subspace message is "how it should be". Heck just look at TNG where the Romulan fleet is tying to break the Tachyon detection grid.

In other words it's a bug but it's not easily fixable so they say it's "working as intended" and ignore the player.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I heard Sulu has the fix, but no one's able to find him, so...
Captain
# 7
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Ha no one cares about sulu just shove him out th air lock hehehe