Captain
# 621
12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torrynwoodsrunner View Post
And just because I don't need cleavage, here's the exact same shot, in a Voyager-style uniform:
Nice job.
extra letters

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 622
12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
BTW: where did you get the uniform models?
If you're familiar with DAZ Studio or Poser, the model for the uniform is the V4 Bodysuit. The textures are a couple of freebies I found on ShareCG.

No promises on when I'll have Stunning Phaser Woman finished...but I'll keep working on a full image, and post it here when I'm done.
Captain
# 623
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
If you're familiar with DAZ Studio or Poser, the model for the uniform is the V4 Bodysuit. The textures are a couple of freebies I found on ShareCG.
I see, thought it looked familiar. Nice job with it anyways.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 624
12-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Thank goodness for these re runs, it got her off my launcher for now.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 625
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
lol i dont understand all the hate for the Vulcan, seems clearly havent seen a female Orion...
Career Officer
# 626
12-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1941 View Post
lol i dont understand all the hate for the Vulcan, seems clearly havent seen a female Orion...
There's actually very little to do with the fact that she's Vulcan, although it does factor in somewhat. The main 'hate' is that is just plain bad art (sorry Original Artist, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em). Far too many things that should never have been allowed to pass on a production piece.

To sum up a few:

1. Body position is awkward and skewed, making her look like she's about to fall on her face, which I'm sure wasn't the intent. Her center of balance is too far forward, and her body angle is way off-center for a running pose.
  2. Her firing line is random...no direction indicated. Simply adjusting the direction her eyes are looking would improve this. Right now, she's just shootin' off in any ol' direction...hardly proper for any law enforcement or military personnel.
  3. Her expression is almost totally vacant. While Vulcans are masters of suppression and control of emotion, they are not totally devoid of it. T'Boob looks like a cross between Kristen Stewart reading her bad press and a toddler who just got her favorite toy taken away.
  4. Boobs. I like boobs. Just about everyone likes boobs. Or they lie about it. But there's a place for boobs, and it isn't pouring out of a Starfleet uniform. At least not in the quantity being poured. While I'm sure an argument could be leveled for large-breasted Vulcan women in Starfleet, or extremely low-cut or daringly open uniform closures, neither are necessary here, and in fact only add to the top-heavy and off-balance look of the subject. She could have just as easily been a C-cup with less visible cleavage and been attractive, instead of a Triple-D defying physics against whatever magical technology is holding that uniform as closed as it is.

Now, those things being listed, it doesn't matter if she's a Vulcan, an Orion, or a Human. The above still apply. The only thing that would allow for any variance would be #4, because an Orion wouldn't be likely to be in a Starfleet uniform, and would thus have more allowance given for wardrobe...flexibility.

While the background of the piece is done quite well, the female subject, in the opinion of many, simply doesn't convey what we feel is the attitude of the Star Trek franchise. Star Trek is about 'Boldly going where no one has gone before' (Handsome Phaser Guy), not 'Help me because I'm a vacuous twit who doesn't know what she's doing' (Pretty Phaser Lady).

Nothing about her says 'bold' or 'confident', everything about her says 'incompetent' and 'clumsy'.

And that's why many, including myself, feel she's not an appropriate iconic for the Star Trek Universe, or the game.

Last edited by torrynwoodsrunner; 12-12-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 627
12-12-2012, 04:45 AM
lol we still moaning about the vulcan ? :O

We need more Undine!!!! have a undine on the front page tearing a borg in half.
Survivor of Romulus
# 628
12-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Have a male Andorian drop kicking a borgs head off
Career Officer
# 629
12-12-2012, 10:21 AM
So add a caption like "Play Now, My Lord!" and then the picture finally fits.

Months later... STO? Oh that game with a close-up of a woman in somewhat revealing attire with large cleavage and the caption... and it has Star Trek too.
Rihannsu
# 630
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
You mean something like this?

That took me maybe an hour to put together...granted I had to take a few creative liberties...

And just because I don't need cleavage, here's the exact same shot, in a Voyager-style uniform:

Who knows...maybe I'll play around and make a whole complete image out of it...
Now that's what I'm talking about. You can keep the boobs, I like them too, but at least make her look compentant like this. T'Boobs just doesn't have it. But this one looks like she can make something hurt.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member