Ensign
# 71 snowball guns
12-10-2012, 01:12 PM
but the snowball guns would be cool if u could use them outside of the winter wonderland
Rihannsu
# 72
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
...We wanted more to do in the winter event, WE'VE GOT LOTS of fun things to do this year.

The map is beautiful, like a virtual Christmas card. I only wish that we could have a night map too, all lit up holiday like, maybe next year

This is a HUGE improvement over the past years and it shows that they are REALLY listening !
Agreed! The map is fun to be in and look at. Maybe next year we could get a day/night cycles (like the Bajor ground map) with corresponding "Christmas tree lighting" effects for the after dark portion of the cycle.

I really have fun on the races. They're one of my favorite parts, be it the single one-on-one, or the group race. For the latter, I'm really looking forward to the cliff/shortcut being fixed. I'm not hatin' - I mean "everyone is doing it" - So yeah, if everyone jumped off a cliff, would I? In this case, yes. That's fine, but I think the race will be even more interesting/challenging when it's longer, and we have to deal with more obstacles. That should really be interesting.

Another thing I noticed about the group race, are the people that throw snowballs at other players in an attempt to knock them down just prior to the start. Not my bag, I would never do that to others (on this I do take the higher moral ground). I've been knocked down. I don't care. I get back up and run anyway (funny thing is, both times I beat the snowballers, lol). I figure it's just part of the "charm" of the race, and even if it were to make me fail, who cares? A) Just a game. B) Snow Epohh Tags are uber-plentiful. C) There will be another race in just a few minutes, and this is still going to go on for weeks to go! >shrug<

I played STO a lot these last two days. My main Fed character has everything except the female-only cropped jackets, the Flurry gun (I got Avalanche, and one snowball gun is enough), and the purple lirpa (holding out for the purple bat'leth). I've started on my main KDF toon, and he already has the three long jackets, scarf, and Avalanche.

Being able to trade in Zone Chat for Holiday Collectibles is awesome! People are usually pretty receptive to requests (in fact when I post: I need 1 of X for 1 of Y), s'long as it's matched rarities, I've never gone unanswered. Cryptic, thank you for letting us trade HCs; the meeting of new people and wheeling-and-dealing has been a convenient, and even a fun aspect of Q's Winter Wonderland.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 73
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I been having fun with it. Already did the series rerun to get my Breen Officer. So he could show me how to operate a Breen ship. Even with my busy schedule, I been able to find a few mins each day to do the race. So I can get it. With is good on my end. As during the week its hard to me to find gaming time. I'm mainly a "Weekend Warrior". So with the quick race I can get the ship just like most. I'm looking forward to adding it to my KDF soon. As I hadn't yet missed a day for a race. With Christmas coming up. I will need all I can get for a head start incase I do miss a few days to race.

Many thanks to STO for making the Breen ship playable. The Breen is one group not many wants to deal with. Looking forward to striking fear as I cruise the stars in it.
Captain
# 74
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
getting tired of the server stopped responding again when playing other missions , dont get this problem with the wonderland but all other's and getting booted from the servers
Rihannsu
# 75 Scarf problems
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Let me start out by saying I'm really enjoying this year's winter event. It's a great change of pace from the usual activities and the new costumes are very attractive.

However, there's a problem. The KDF scarves do not show up if you have the "armored uniform" option selected. This is preventing one of my captains from showing off his great-looking 2012 KDF scarf.

Was this an intentional design choice or is this a bug? If it's the latter, any chance this could be fixed? If the former, any chance if could be reconsidered?
Commander
# 76
12-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the event. It is a nice change and a more fun grind than the fleetmarks xD

I love the races and I hope that you will patch the cliff. It doesn't bother me, it just that the race distance is to short with the shortcut :-)

And please buff the speed of the NSC's so that you need at least a little bit of skill to beat them :-) Or even better let us choose between the normal race and a elite version with faster NSC's :-)
Empire Veteran
# 77
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
What were the devs thinking with this stupid race? That's too difficult and boring for a not that great ship anyway. I'm not here to play idiotic races...

I'm fine with the rest of the event, but the race? A pure waste of time.
Career Officer
# 78
12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
What were the devs thinking with this stupid race? That's too difficult and boring for a not that great ship anyway. I'm not here to play idiotic races...

I'm fine with the rest of the event, but the race? A pure waste of time.
Too difficult? Are you kidding me? It takes two minutes, it's easy as pie and if you don't want to do it or want the ship, why are you complaining?
Career Officer
# 79 i think Q is stealing from me.
12-12-2012, 07:45 AM
i started a new thread

Last edited by hovrak; 12-12-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 80
12-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Too difficult? Are you kidding me? It takes two minutes, it's easy as pie and if you don't want to do it or want the ship, why are you complaining?
It's not easy, it's easy if you like arcade games but if you're used to play with your brain instead of using your hands it's not. I've always been lame at race/soccer/whatever game implying to click on stuff at the right time. I know you can jump, roll, etc, but every time i want to play the race it takes me 5-6 attemps, which is an obvious waste of time to me. I master all STFs, fleet actions, but i'm completely lame at this race. I'm a RTS player, not an arcade game one, sorry.

Last edited by diogene0; 12-12-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Closed Thread