Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Account Linking Required
12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Our promotional account linking period has ended and linking is now mandatory. If you have not linked your account yet, please read more for full details.

NOTE: If you are using a PWE account (which you are if you are able to post in the forums), no action is needed.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
"...with the first link, the chained is forged."

Well, I knew this was coming sometime. I never actually had a Cryptic account to link though. I hope this doesn't cause more forum rage... well now that I think about it, that's nearly impossible since you'd still have to link your account to post on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 3
12-11-2012, 07:08 PM
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

These words ring as true today, as they did when first uttered some 20 years ago, on the TNG episode 'The Drumhead'.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJN08uqt70
Lieutenant
# 4
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
"...with the first link, the chained is forged.".
You aren't comparing a database merge with the robbing of civil rights are liberties practiced by police are ya?
Captain
# 5
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damec View Post
You aren't comparing a database merge with the robbing of civil rights are liberties practiced by police are ya?
No I'm not... but the quote does ring in my head again whenever I think about the merging for some odd reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Ensign
After linking my accounts, I lost everything that was on my Cryptic account. Characters and ZEN points. Idk if that's supposed to happen, I emailed customer service.
# 7
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdude92 View Post
After linking my accounts, I lost everything that was on my Cryptic account. Characters and ZEN points. Idk if that's supposed to happen, I emailed customer service.
If that is the case, the linking process did not complete. Try signing into the launcher with your old Cryptic account and go through the linking process again

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 8
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I am unable to link my cryptic account as of this change because they seem to have disabled any mention of Cryptic accounts in the login menu. I assume this was a programming error.
Ensign
# 9
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If that is the case, the linking process did not complete. Try signing into the launcher with your old Cryptic account and go through the linking process again

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
When I open the launcher, it just says 'log in with your account,' there's no Cryptic or PW option. After I hit 'Engage,' I only see the character from my PW account. When I hit 'back' to try to log in again, logging in with PW returns me to that same screen, logging in with Cryptic gives me an error message informing me that I must log in with PW account.
# 10
12-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmaxwin View Post
I am unable to link my cryptic account as of this change because they seem to have disabled any mention of Cryptic accounts in the login menu. I assume this was a programming error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdude92 View Post
When I open the launcher, it just says 'log in with your account,' there's no Cryptic or PW option. After I hit 'Engage,' I only see the character from my PW account. When I hit 'back' to try to log in again, logging in with PW returns me to that same screen, logging in with Cryptic gives me an error message informing me that I must log in with PW account.
Please review the linking instructions here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201

I'll be monitoring this thread to review your results.

Cheers,

Bradon =/\=