Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Launcher Maintainence
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
So I come home from work, try to log into the game, and I get a message saying there is Maintainence being performed on the launcher, players should not be affected, re-load if you experience issues.

I have been doing this for the past 4 hours, cannot get into the game, so I can't do anything and by the time I get a reply to any email I send, the game will be back on, well frankly because it will be at least 4 days before I get a reply, IF I get one.

so I would like thank PWE for screwing me out of gameplay for an evening, doing maintainence during a peak time, 6-10 PM thats smart, whoevers bright mind thought this was a good idea deserves a swift kick in the head, as I am now screwed on all my time sensitive projects.

So again I say, TYVM PWE, for screwing me, and more than likely several thousand other players.
Captain
# 2
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Why are you thanking them for screwing you? Was it really that good?
----
@DevolvedOne
Captain
# 3
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Did you try launching the .exe file directly, bypassing the launcher?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Can you please let me know what error is occurring so I can pass it along? We have been seeing players logging in just fine since we started maintenance, so you should not be affected.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I am not getting an error msg I try logging in, and the engage button just says cancel and nothing happens, it doesn't log me in.
Captain
# 6
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Can you please let me know what error is occurring so I can pass it along? We have been seeing players logging in just fine since we started maintenance, so you should not be affected.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Upon logging in an "Error 4 invalid view attempt" is received and a the launcher behaves as normal as possible after a 10 second count. After hitting Engage the Cryptic splash screen appears where the game immediately crashes.
All cloaks should be canon.
Rihannsu
# 7 Same issue
12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Upon logging in an "Error 4 invalid view attempt" is received and a the launcher behaves as normal as possible after a 10 second count. After hitting Engage the Cryptic splash screen appears where the game immediately crashes.
I'm having the exact same thing happen to me as well. 10:41 PM EST. Repeatedly either gives me the Error 4 message, or it crashes as soon as 'Engage" is pressed. Was able to bypass by launching the .exe directly from the game folder.

Edit: Game now just sits at "Connecting to the account server" after using the .exe file to bypass the launcher.
Ensign
# 8
12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
I'm getting this too.

I tried just using the gameclient.exe directly, which crashed like 4 times, then it finally worked. But now that I got it running, I just get 'Connection to the account server timed out.' when I attempt to login.

I cannot play.

Please help?
Captain
# 9
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
I'm getting this too.

I tried just using the gameclient.exe directly, which crashed like 4 times, then it finally worked. But now that I got it running, I just get 'Connection to the account server timed out.' when I attempt to login.

I cannot play.

Please help?
This is also what happens when I bypass the launcher.
All cloaks should be canon.
Rihannsu
# 10 Same issue
12-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Deleted double post