Captain
# 21
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
As a feature request (beside DOFFing), I would like to be able to create Captain's log entries. So I could write and store entries for my recently played missions.

I used to do this in game when we launched back in 2010, but the interface was just abysmal. STO Gateway seems like a new opportunity to cater to those of use who like this sort of thing.

Thanks.
This would be awesome!
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Well I wanted to get into it.....as soon as i log in it asked for a verisfication code becasue it said i am not using a browser i normally do?!??!

So first time i log into it it says this?!??!

So i go to my email which is taking a very long time to load....comcast is slow-mo

And i see the screen says i am disconnected formthe gateway?!?!?

Not sure what to make of this...oh i see it does the same hting while i have not logged in and am sitting at the login screen.

Also it takes a while to load....so now i finaly am able to access my email.....and hmm taking a while to load.....growing old waiting....
goign to guess it wills end another code out.....to iritate me....

Ok so it did

Finaly get into the system...get a character select.....and select a character...and boom disconnected from the gateway message but the background is still working....?!??!?

Ok so not sure what to make of this.

ANywise I am hoping inthe future we can look up other players...like we could inthe past.....it always amused me to see someone post on the forums how they did this or that and ran out of things to do....then look them up and find they didnt do anythign of the sort....
and when you pointed it out to them....they wouldnt respond or say too much anymore.
Ensign
# 23
12-12-2012, 06:03 AM
It looks like a great start and works well on my Android phone (with Chrome).

Feature request: Add unfinished accolades. It would be very handy to have an out-of-game way to look at the ones I'm working on.
Career Officer
# 24 Feature I'd like to see
12-12-2012, 06:51 AM
While I don't know if this is a planned feature, or if it's already being talked about, I'd like to be able to manage my duty officer missions with this app. Sometimes I'm not always where i can log back into the game real quick to turn in duty missions and send them out on new ones and an app that would let me do so until I can get where I can setup and play would be pretty cool.
Commander
# 25
12-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
What is the Star Trek Online Gateway?

Star Trek Online Gateway is a web application which lets you look at your captains, ships, bridge officers, and other data from STO. Eventually, you will be able to interact with Star Trek Online through Gateway without logging in to the full 3D client.

The purpose of Gateway is to let players into Star Trek Online without needing to start up the full client.

Visit http://gateway.startrekonline.com to access the STO Gateway.

well, being a web-developer myself, here is my feedback. The UI itself is nice but has some positioning problems here and there. Include the following stuff to make this project useful:

- Exchange (+ maybe Cronjobs like you can see on ebay)
- Possibility to view other profiles (and let people choose if they profile should be public and if yes, if others can see their equipment for example.. little bit like facebook)
- Mailsystem
- DOFF System
- Reputation System
- include some kind of "browser-game" function. Let your ship virtually fight NPCs or something like that. Check out some online space games to get some ideas. Even PvP is possible.. littlebit like roundbased pokemon playcard game back (i am really not playing that)
- will add more later on..
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 26
12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
It doesn't work for me at all. Keeps telling me that my username or password is invalid.
Vice Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Sarbonn-D
Vice Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Never Surrender
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93579366000&dateline=  1354720945
Commander
# 27
12-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Works fine for me and I can't wait to see more features added!

Bug that I think I found:
Bridge officers that are assigned to the ship show all abilities. Should it not show just the abilities that are usable by the ship that is currently displayed? IE: Commander Tactical, LTC Engineering, so on and so forth, rather than all 4 of the space abilities for each of the Bridge officers?

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Ensign
# 28 is there an app for that
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Honestly, i love this feature(barring to usual glitches). I genuinely want a dedicated app for smartphones/ tablets, instead of having to open (insert browser here) and log in with my ill-placed taps. Is that somewhere in the works?
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Being misused already

people are using it to spy on others ship layouts
Commander
# 30
12-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Being misused already

people are using it to spy on others ship layouts
Is the fact that it lets other people look at your layout actually a bad thing? What are they going to get from your layout that's secret? That that Mk XII Polaron Dual Heavy Cannon has only one [ACC] mod instead of two?
Closed Thread