Ensign
# 11
12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Please review the linking instructions here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201

I'll be monitoring this thread to review your results.

Cheers,

Bradon =/\=
I had both a PW and a Cryptic account. Logging in with my Cryptic info does not take me to a "Do you have a PW account' page because I have already linked the accounts. It just takes me to an 'incorrect log in info' page.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 12
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdude92 View Post
I had both a PW and a Cryptic account. Logging in with my Cryptic info does not take me to a "Do you have a PW account' page because I have already linked the accounts. It just takes me to an 'incorrect log in info' page.
Can you try logging into the game again and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue from this post? I have not done anything on our end, but everything I see states that you should be good to go when you log-in with the same information you are using on the forums.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 13
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Following those instructions results in me logging in to Perfect World.

I already did the steps needed to link the accounts and I am no longer given the option to link when I redo them.
# 14
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Following those instructions results in me logging in to Perfect World.

I already did the steps needed to link the accounts and I am no longer given the option to link when I redo them.
Everything looks good on our end. Can you please try logging into the game again using the same credentials you are using on the forums?

Also, please note that we never delete any characters. If you have been gone for a while, your character may be in the back-up database. Logging in and out should restore your characters.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 15
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Entering the info I use for the forums logs me into the game and shows me only what was on my PW account. When I enter my Cryptic info, it sends me to the link page, but when I try to link, it says the account has already been linked.
# 16
12-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Entering the info I use for the forums logs me into the game and shows me only what was on my PW account. When I enter my Cryptic info, it sends me to the link page, but when I try to link, it says the account has already been linked.
Ah, okay. I think I understand now. You won't be able to link it to the same (this) PWE account if you already have/ have ever had characters on this PWE account (is that what you're saying?). You'd need to make a new PWE account to link that Cryptic account to.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Captain
# 17
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM
If you previously had a PWE account, and visited the STO site, it automatically made it a STO account as well, with no characters. Thus, since your PWE account is attached to a STO account, you can't link it with your Cryptic account.

What you will have to do is file a support ticket, and get them to manually delete your STO account that's currently attached to your PWE account (the one with no characters on it), and then you'll be able to link it with your Cryptic one.

This is what happened to me, as I made my PWE account and used it to post on the forums here, but didn't actually try to link it to my Cryptic account months later. I had to file the ticket, and it got fixed in a few days (I submitted the ticket on Friday evening, so the couple days was to wait for Monday to come around.)

Or you can just make a new account and link it to that. I chose to go through support since I wanted all my PWE characters under the same account. Plus I already had Zen on my PWE account.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Ensign
# 18
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Ah, okay. I think I understand now. You won't be able to link it to the same (this) PWE account if you already have/ have ever had characters on this PWE account (is that what you're saying?). You'd need to make a new PWE account to link that Cryptic account to.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I had a character on this PWE account, and characters on my Cryptic account. It sounds like it should then have been impossible to link them, but my Cryptic account is somehow linked to this account. I just made a new PWE to try to link my Cryptic to it, but it said the Cryptic account was already linked to another account.

Does this mean the stuff I did on my Cryptic account is gone?

Last edited by prdude92; 12-11-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: left out the fact that I had a character on my PWE account
Ensign
# 19
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Now that we can no longer use our Cryptic accounts to login, does that mean that the bug where the 'save account name' checkbox saves our Cryptic info will be done away with?
# 20
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
But my Cryptic account is linked to this account. I just made a new PWE to try to link my Cryptic to it, but it said the Cryptic account was already linked.

Does this mean the stuff I did on my Cryptic account is gone?
Something is not adding up. Did you possibly link your Cryptic account to a different PWE account, and not this one? Customer service will need to take it from here, but we never delete characters, so they should be able to sort it out.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=