Commander
# 1 Wells popping up everywhere?
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't know if this is Azure nebula related; first time I've seen it, anyway.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/990915/ImgSrc/Wtfff.png

Basically, though, Wells-class NPC starships with phasers (instead of AP weapons?) were popping up willy-nilly all over the map.

The most I saw at once was three or four, but occasionally one would despawn just to spawn another.

The combat log didn't provide any hints, but they aren't simply for show:

[Combat (Other)] Wells Class's Phaser Array dealt 424 (493) shield damage to Tholian Orb Weaver.
[Combat (Other)] Wells Class deals 55 (548) Phaser Damage to Tholian Orb Weaver with Phaser Array.

They didn't seem to follow any player; they just hung around and occasionally, you'd find three or four Wells class starships hanging around shooting at the Tholians.

Oddest thing ever.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
i had some helping me in the Archer system when i was doing the Tau Dewa daily. was pretty cool actually...also had the enterprise pop in during my first run lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 3
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I've seen the Wells pop up and spawn, only to see the 2nd one vanish after a few shots from my array. Seen the Klingon version too.

I only see them when I'm exploring nebula's in missions.

Cryptic probably will just say these are " New Features ", with season 7, Ive seen quite a few of these. =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Career Officer
# 4
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
They are coming from the future to help you out.

If not it will ruin the timeline and the universe would explode. Yes the entire universe would explode.

I like the random ships that pop in and out, distracting.. yes, but fun!
Career Officer
# 5
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I like the Wells class appearing, I just saw one pop up in the Vault: Ensnared. Also saw it pop up during the Satellite repair mission in Tau Dewa. Though Im not sure if this is a bug but both times I saw it, it would spawn, fire 2 shots then disappear and another one would appear. It would do this about 3-4 times before it decided it was sure it wanted to help and stayed around.
Captain
# 6
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
There were a dozen or more in a Azure Nebula Rescue that I played the other day, but they just flew around not interacting with anything. It kinda fit the theme of the mission, so didn't make much note of it.

The question is if this is a another bug, something to hint what's coming for the winter event and/or 3 year anniversary.
Captain
# 7
12-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I saw an Undine ship with Reman armour on it. Explain that one to me.
# 8
12-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Had a few show-up during a round of Starbase Fleet Defense (see about 10-15). At first I wasn't really paying much attention to them until after the last objective, then I was pretty much "holy crap". Very very interesting...