Career Officer
# 81
12-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's not easy, it's easy if you like arcade games but if you're used to play with your brain instead of using your hands it's not. I've always been lame at race/soccer/whatever game implying to click on stuff at the right time. I know you can jump, roll, etc, but every time i want to play the race it takes me 5-6 attemps, which is an obvious waste of time to me. I master all STFs, fleet actions, but i'm completely lame at this race. I'm a RTS player, not an arcade game one, sorry.
Strangely enough, my passion for gaming lies in the RTS genre too, never been any good at arcade. But it's not really arcade style, the trick is sliding, don't jump or roll (I know everybody says to do that, but whenever I try it I jump or roll right out of the lane), slow down and slide at corners then sprint in the direction to recover.

Though if you don't want the ship, the race is kind of pointless either way to you lol.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Lieutenant
# 82
12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
i have just bothered trying to do the race without any rolls or any other tricks, just normal walking and running.

there are basically parts where u can run smoothly for a few seconds without much stirring, if u simply "walk" at the total rest of the course, u finish before the animal with a good 5-8 seconds to spare, which is quite a lot without any rolls.

additionaly i tried running the course without looking at the radar and with one error where i came to a total halt.
the animal was directly behind me when i finished the race.

so im guessing if anyone fails this race, i could help them out with this:

http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.p...rraceZ7R6R.jpg

u can be off the track and behind the polls a tiny bit, to keep the speed, it wont disqualify u.
thats worth knowing for essential parts of the race, where u else if u stay 100% on the track, would lose speed or time.

if u still fail the race, then there is a general problem with your latency (internet connection),
your monitor, maybe a problem with your keyboard not functioning properly.

with rolling the race is much easier of course and u will finish it so much faster.

Last edited by razhgal; 12-12-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: correction
Career Officer
# 83
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I really like that the single player race has been changed slightly so you can't stand right next to the Breen to start it any more, you have to be in the queue area. Though it might have been better if this wasn't a stealth change and you listed it because there are now a lot of people flooding zone chat whining that they can't start the race because they just tried to skip ahead of people who were already waiting.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Rihannsu
# 84
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razhgal View Post
...so im guessing if anyone fails this race, i could help them out with this:

http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.p...rraceZ7R6R.jpg

Well done!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 85
12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Well done!
thanks and Terry Pratchett ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 86
12-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Wonderland has been great fun, loading up on winter goodies. Just 2 little questions...

Is there any chance that the skating physics could be tweaked to allow us to skate in reverse?

Can you fix the colour on the Black Winter Jackets? It's Brown right now.

Oh, just a last thought, how about a skating event for the next outing.

Frosted boots rock...
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Ensign
# 87 Q's Winter Event
12-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Yall picked a great time Cryptic! Im gone alot during the holidays... i cant get the ship therefore... But if yall extend it another week or two until close to the end of January that would probable give me enough time... I know i speak for a lot of people who actually have lives and don't play this game ALL the time. It is Christmas season how many people do you REALLY think are going to be at home playing STO the whole time?
Lieutenant
# 88
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
It's only 5 minutes a day, you can miss 10 days, and they put in a lobi option to supplement it. I think it's more than fair.
Captain
# 89
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Ha, after last patch, everything is fine in the world of STO again .
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Career Officer
# 90
12-18-2012, 08:23 AM
So... may I take from this (Q's Winter Wonderland) that Cryptic has taken in some of the Paragon Studios employees and to prove themselves the new/old employees ported (with some modifications, no doubt) the old CoH/V Winter Events from that (Inter-dimensional) Pocket D?
Closed Thread