Ensign
# 41
12-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
When it comes to linking the accounts, Cryptic gave everyone a six month notice.

Link: Account Linking Promo
By PWE_BranFlakes @ June 19, 2012 at 10:06pm

If anyone was still using their Cryptic account, after they made that announcement, you only have yourselves to blame. Everyone had a six months notice to get things sorted out.
nonsense,

many players left the game since that announcement, me being one of them, I left star trek when Creeps took over, I was subscriber with atari all till the end of 2011, than I left in early December 2011, not coming back till October, I am not forum user or read your forum, have better things to do than support some corporate forum, many gamers like me, had no clue about any account merger w.e and many had no idea about season 7, so what you're talking is just vile corporate spin, totally un-star trek like, read what Star Trek is all about, before replying.

Quote:
I have no sympathy. Cryptic/Perfect World gave everyone enough notice.

People need to take some responsibility.

You should have called customer service on day one.

You waited.
bollocks

Last edited by mic808; 12-12-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Ensign
# 42
12-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Customer service could have taken care of this within five minutes.

I called them with issues in the past, and customer service had no problem helping.

Sending tickets gets you nowhere. We all know that by now.

Let me see if I can find the number.
thank you that would be very much appreciated.... i hope its a UK/Euro number as it will get a little expensive
Captain
# 43
12-12-2012, 07:48 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

NOTE! This is not a customer service number, it is billing only. They are not able to assist with customer service issues and if you call billing, they will not be able to assist you with matters outside of billing (e.g. Zen purchases, subscriptions, and other billing related aspects -- account linking does not fall under this. You must file a ticket (support.perfectworld.com) or email directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- there is NO customer service support available over the phone

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Ensign
# 44
12-12-2012, 07:51 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

NOTE! This is not a customer service number, it is billing only. They are not able to assist with customer service issues. You must file a ticket (support.perfectworld.com) or email directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- there is NO customer service support available over the phone

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Ensign
# 45
12-12-2012, 07:54 AM

NOTE! This is not a customer service number, it is billing only. They are not able to assist with customer service issues and if you call billing, they will not be able to assist you with matters outside of billing (e.g. Zen purchases, subscriptions, and other billing related aspects -- account linking does not fall under this. You must file a ticket (support.perfectworld.com) or email directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- there is NO customer service support available over the phone

Captain
# 46
12-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverretilley View Post
again thank you ..... now to run up a very high phone bill for something that should be fixed for nothing.... actually.. thats going to have to wait until my husband gets back.... im profoundly deaf so the phone is not much use
Sorry that I didn't have the UK number. At least you have a good starting point.
Ensign
# 47
12-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverretilley View Post
again thank you ..... now to run up a very high phone bill for something that should be fixed for nothing.... actually.. thats going to have to wait until my husband gets back.... im profoundly deaf so the phone is not much use
Who or what is Last edited by denieruchan; 03-13-2012 at 01:19 AM. and why are they editing my msg's ?
Career Officer
# 48
12-12-2012, 08:12 AM

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html

Career Officer
# 49
12-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic808 View Post
what a mess you've caused you PW, was this any other MMO you'd be out of games industry permanently cause no fool would want to have anything to do with you!!!

Not only you messed big time with season 7 launch which was months too early and full of bugs but it seems your account rubbish merger nonsense was another fiasco as if season 7 wasn't big enough clue that you're messing things up big time.

i can see this game going downhill from now on as many players will leave in draws, you've lost half with launch of season 7, which at best is a fiasco, I personally consider it a con-man job, especially when it comes to conversion rates and many like me who never read your stupid forum were left out in a ditch not knowing what mess you're cooking next.

CBS will hear of this, as I'll be defo contacting them now, and just in cause you think what CBS got to do with this, they are the guys that own the franchise, anything to do with the Star Trek, and you're ruining the name of Star Trek with your actions. Perpetual owns the engine, and I'm sure there are plenty of developers out there who would love to do star trek franchise and take over just in cause you think you are safe to rip off ppl the way you do...

I'm beyond angry how I've been treated by you ppl, was this any other mmo.

beyond angry
I understand your rant and why you are angry, but what you have to understand is that STO is making money, lots of it. Many people are very happy with the game and apart from a few hiccups at the start of Season 7 which were very quickly put right after being notified by a few hundred players on the forum then the game continues to grow and improve.

I don't agree with most of your post and I think that writing to CBS would be a total waste of your time. Linking of accounts has been common knowledge for many months, it has been on the forums, on the main website and more importantly emails have been sent to all account holders so there really is no excuse for not knowing about it. Granted the account linking itself does not always go smoothly but checking the forums or contacting PWE customer service usually soerts that out fairly quickly and as brandon said earlier nothing is ever deleted so at worst there will be some inconvenience for a player whilst the accounts are sorted out by PWE.

Raging and ranting on the forum is common place and as such is generally ignored by most people and by the devs. Constuctive criticism is welcome and will often be answered by a Dev, moderator or Brandon.

There were multiple threats to take Cryptic to court over the lockbox and gambling for minors episodes months back but as far as I am aware nothing was ever done about it because there was no case to answer. Threatening a company is not a good way to motivate them to improve, it is more likely to motivate them to ignore the forums more and reduce the interaction with the Devs that we currently enjoy.

If you no longer enjoy the game then simply quit and try something else, come back later to see how it has progressed or never come back at all, it is your choice.

LLAP
Matt

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Starfleet Veteran
# 50 Its All Gone
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
The patch and the forced link of the accounts effectively erased my account.

I went to login, and i got a new users window. It looks like 3 years of beta and regular gaming, along with my lifetime 'membership' is all gone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Our promotional account linking period has ended and linking is now mandatory. If you have not linked your account yet, please read more for full details.

NOTE: If you are using a PWE account (which you are if you are able to post in the forums), no action is needed.

Click here to read more.