Rihannsu
How does it work? Does it work?

Every time I try to set visibility of a dialogue branch it tells me it can't find any dialogue triggers to use.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 2
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
How does it work? Does it work?

Every time I try to set visibility of a dialogue branch it tells me it can't find any dialogue triggers to use.
Yes it works, but you need to use map dialogues. You can't use dialogues in the storyline. A lot of times I simply don't even use storyline dialogues anymore because they aren't as adaptable.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-12-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm trying to do this with a default dialogue on an NPC. what kind of dialogue do I have to change it to to make it work?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
12-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
I'm trying to do this with a default dialogue on an NPC. what kind of dialogue do I have to change it to to make it work?
triggers set to dialog prompts only work with the blue talk icons placed directly on a map, although you can trigger the dialogues of a default to appear with other objectives.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-12-2012, 08:18 AM
hmm... what about reaching location markers? Could I put location markers(non-quest) at NPC locations and use whether those have been reached as a trigger?

What I want to do is have NPCs show different dialogue options depending on what other NPCs you've already talked to.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 6
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:

What I want to do is have NPCs show different dialogue options depending on what other NPCs you've already talked to.
This might work for you: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...alogue-part-2/
Rihannsu
# 7
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh.. that only works for mission related completion triggers, I was hoping to do triggers based on optional stuff. The idea is that, if you want to, you can talk to NPCs for more info. Talking to several gives more options that you don't get otherwise. But it's not connected to the mission completion.

BTW, the video got stuck at 1:50 I had to jump ahead to get it to continue.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 8
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Oh.. that only works for mission related completion triggers, I was hoping to do triggers based on optional stuff. The idea is that, if you want to, you can talk to NPCs for more info. Talking to several gives more options that you don't get otherwise. But it's not connected to the mission completion.

BTW, the video got stuck at 1:50 I had to jump ahead to get it to continue.
Hmm... you should be able to use optional reach marker that unlock new response buttons inside of an optional default text. Try unlocking buttons in the default dialog with component reached and select the reach markers surround the optional tasks.
Career Officer
# 9
12-12-2012, 01:31 PM
It's possible to achieve what you are trying to do. Although you can do it based on reach markers, that is probably not the most ideal choice for what you want to accomplish.

If the NPCs in question (the ones the player talks to) are only using default text (aren't part of the storyline) you can adjust it based off of them too. You can set component complete on any NPC using default text.

If you want more options only available if you actually reach a specific dialogue result, then you need to change it so that it's a map dialogue triggered off an interact. Since we can now set interacts to instant this doesn't end up being that different from default text except you can't repeat it. They won't have the little talk symbol over their heads though. If you want that to indicate they can be talked to, just have them say something really short for their default text, like "Hello, [Rank]", and then set the NPC as the component complete trigger for the actual map dialogue where things are discussed.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 12-12-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Is talking to the NPCs an objective? You can hook it up to that

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan